Currently using nvidia binary drivers, 24bit, 800x600, horizsync 30-50,
vertrefresh 60

any card sugestions would be welcome!
Re: tvout quality [ In reply to ]
> I'm using a FX 5200 TVOUT currently, but the quality is terrible, I'm
> getting ghosting and simply poor quality.

Can you let me know the make and model of your card - so that I don't get
one...! I was thinking about an FX5200, but perhaps other models have
better tv out...?
Re: tvout quality [ In reply to ]
I'm also using a GeForce FX 5200 but my TV-out is nothing short of
spectacular. I have some black borders when watching live TV and
recordings, but movies are sharp and fullscreen.

Re: tvout quality [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 11:12:30PM -0400, MegaDeTH wrote:
> I'm using a FX 5200 TVOUT currently, but the quality is terrible, I'm
> getting ghosting and simply poor quality.
>
> The capture is excellent, using a PVR250, viewing the captured video on
> pc's is excellent, lines around any motion, but there's no ghosting
> whatsoever, everything is very clear, unlike the TV out quality.
>
> The picture is also crunched on the left, but correct on the right, with
> little-no tools for tweaking the newer nvidia cards.

install nvtv, the crunching on the left is most likely the cause for the
ghosting.

--
Matthew S. Hallacy FUBAR, LART, BOFH Certified
http://www.poptix.net GPG public key 0x01938203
Re: tvout quality [ In reply to ]
Make and model?