Mailing List Archive

Problem with mythfilldatabase & tv_grab_na
I've recently built a Gentoo distribution on a new system, and so far,
so good. I've installed all of the pre-requisites to MythTV, and I've
used the portage file to install MythTV itself. Since the Gentoo version
of xmltv is one minor release too low (and I worried that might be the
cause of my problem), I built it myself. The same problem comes up
whether I use the MythTV setup or tv_grab_na --configure (I live in
Eastern United States).

After answering the first three questions, after I enter my zip code, I
receive the following messages:

getting list of providers for postal/zip code 07103, be patient...
zap2it top level web page doesn't have a zipcode form

When I run mythfilldatabase, I receive several errors, stating that two
config files don't exist. Here are the errors:

/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file (myhomedir)/.mythtv/.xmltv does not
exist, run me with --configure
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file /root/.mythtv/Cable.xmltv does not
exist, run me with --configure

I suspect that the zap2it error prevents the config file from ever being
generated. I tried to search the archives for a similar problem, but was
unable to find anything. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how I could
remedy this.

Thanks,

Joe
Re: Problem with mythfilldatabase & tv_grab_na [ In reply to ]
Re:Problem with mythfilldatabase & tv_grab_na [ In reply to ]
mythtv-users-request@snowman.net wrote:

> It is fairly trivial to update your ebuild file so that it'll run the
> newest
> version. All you have to do is rename the file so it has the right
> version
> number, run emerge, it'll tell you to run ebuild (to update the digest)
> after it downloads the source. Follow the instructions and re-run emerge.
> IMO, better than making an end run around the ports system.
>
> BTW, I thought the portage file for xmltv was two releases back. Oh well.

The portage looks like it is version 0.5.9, and the one I got from
sourceforge is 0.5.10. Could have been two releases...*shrug*

I'm not sure how to carry out your instructions. I'm reading and in my
mind it seems like you're asking me to just rename the ebuild file to
what the latest version would be called, and it will automatically
become the latest version when it is built. Please clarify if I'm wrong
on that.

I'm still not sure how to solve my problem with tv_grab_na and
zap2it...and it's preventing me from continuing. Any ideas?
Re: Re:Problem with mythfilldatabase & tv_grab_na [ In reply to ]