--
Scott Beck <sbeck@gossamer-threads.com>
Gossamer Threads
Re: channel numbers one off [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 04:23:55PM -0700, Scott Beck wrote:
> When I am watching TV the channel numbers are one off. For example if I
> change to channel 45 the display says it's "Space" but the channel being
> displayed is not "Space" but switching to channel 44 show's "Space".
> When watching normal cable channel 45 is "Space". All the channels seem
> to be off by one in this way. I hope I wasn't too confusing.

I believe there is a description of this in the FAQ or the howto.

(I think there is a problem with tuner autodectection)

--
Ragnar Kjørstad
Re: channel numbers one off [ In reply to ]
Hi Ragnar,

On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 16:31, Ragnar Kjørstad wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 04:23:55PM -0700, Scott Beck wrote:
> > When I am watching TV the channel numbers are one off. For example if I
> > change to channel 45 the display says it's "Space" but the channel being
> > displayed is not "Space" but switching to channel 44 show's "Space".
> > When watching normal cable channel 45 is "Space". All the channels seem
> > to be off by one in this way. I hope I wasn't too confusing.
>
> I believe there is a description of this in the FAQ or the howto.
>
> (I think there is a problem with tuner autodectection)

I don't know how I missed this. It was in the FAQ. Thanks very much for
pointing it out to me.

Cheers,

Scott

Re: channel numbers one off [ In reply to ]
Hi,
On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 16:31, Ragnar Kjørstad wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 04:23:55PM -0700, Scott Beck wrote:
> > When I am watching TV the channel numbers are one off. For example if I
> > change to channel 45 the display says it's "Space" but the channel being
> > displayed is not "Space" but switching to channel 44 show's "Space".
> > When watching normal cable channel 45 is "Space". All the channels seem
> > to be off by one in this way. I hope I wasn't too confusing.
>
> I believe there is a description of this in the FAQ or the howto.
>
> (I think there is a problem with tuner autodectection)

I looked through the FAQ again and double checked my tuner type. It is
correct as far as I can tell. The card has FI1236 on the silver box.
Looking through /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST
I found:
type=2 - Philips NTSC (FI1236 and compatibles)
in the tuner section. I have:
# bttv
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options bttv card=2
options tuner type=2

Do you see something I'm missing?

Cheers,

Scott

Re: channel numbers one off [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 23:44, Scott Beck wrote:
> Looking through /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST
> I found:
> type=2 - Philips NTSC (FI1236 and compatibles)
> in the tuner section. I have:
> # bttv
> alias char-major-81-0 bttv
> options bttv card=2
> options tuner type=2
>
> Do you see something I'm missing?

woops, that's card=10. it's the new bt878

Re: channel numbers one off [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Just wanted to add some additional notes. I've been playing with this
most of tonight, fixing some sound issues and this problem.

1. xawtv is not off by one
2. I'm getting bleed from other channel as well, a small amount but
noticable.

Cheers,

Scott

Re: channel numbers one off [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 16:23, Scott Beck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I am watching TV the channel numbers are one off. For example if I
> change to channel 45 the display says it's "Space" but the channel being
> displayed is not "Space" but switching to channel 44 show's "Space".
> When watching normal cable channel 45 is "Space". All the channels seem
> to be off by one in this way. I hope I wasn't too confusing.
>
> I'm using the latest CVS as of last night.

Just for this lists record, someone on IRC from #mythtv told me what the
problem was. I had selected canada-cable (because I am in canada) for
the freq. apparently you shouldn't do that.

Re: channel numbers one off [ In reply to ]
Scott Beck wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 16:23, Scott Beck wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>When I am watching TV the channel numbers are one off. For example if I
>>change to channel 45 the display says it's "Space" but the channel being
>>displayed is not "Space" but switching to channel 44 show's "Space".
>>When watching normal cable channel 45 is "Space". All the channels seem
>>to be off by one in this way. I hope I wasn't too confusing.
>>
>>I'm using the latest CVS as of last night.
>>

>Just for this lists record, someone on IRC from #mythtv told me what the
>problem was. I had selected canada-cable (because I am in canada) for
>the freq. apparently you shouldn't do that.

also, possibly see the last question in the faq:

http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=General+Installation#17

cheers,

CraigL->Thx();