Mailing List Archive

Playing a sound during Live TV/Recordings
I am having a little problem with Myth upon which I was hoping somebody
could shed a little light. I use a remote control to control my
frontend boxes. I would like a small sound to play each time I press a
remote key so I can tell if the computer received the key or if Myth is
hung or waiting. Just a little user feedback to aid navigation. I set
up irexec to play a click when any key is pressed, and it works
fantastically in menus and the EPG. However, when I am watching Live TV
or a recording once the application takes control of the DSP I can no
longer play my little sound. The sounds queue up and when I return to
the menus I get a torrent of clicks, one for each keypress while I was
watching the video. The clicks work under MythVideo (mplayer) but do
not work under MythTV.

Is there any way I can play a sound when Myth has control of the DSP?
Is there a non-blocking DSP device available, or does Myth perhaps make
a facility available to play audio? Any info on this subject is
appreciated.