think it has something to do with Myth .8 associating a hostname to a
recording entry somewhere in the database. When the hostname changedk,
it cannot find the recordings. Prior to .8, this tracking was not
necessary as myth expects to run in one machine only. Is there a way
that I might be able to delete this hostname info (if I am even on the
right track here) so I can access my recordings past March 18? Any
future recordings will point to my new hostname so that should not be a
problem. Thanks
Re: cant access some recordings wneh I changed my machine's hostname and domain name [ In reply to ]
I'd use run an UPDATE on the recorded table and SET hostname = "whatever"

It might screw-up the starttimes because they seem to update to NOW for
some reason. Atleast they did on my machine. I had to go in and change
them to what was in the filenames. Luckily I only had 3 files.

Joel Feenstra

Re: cant access some recordings wneh I changed my machine's hostname and domain name [ In reply to ]
> I'd use run an UPDATE on the recorded table and SET hostname = "whatever"
>
> It might screw-up the starttimes because they seem to update to NOW for
> some reason. Atleast they did on my machine. I had to go in and change
> them to what was in the filenames. Luckily I only had 3 files.

perhaps something like

update table
set hostname = "whatever",
starttime=startime

Updating the field to be the original value *may* stop it changing...
Re: cant access some recordings wneh I changed my machine's hostname and domain name [ In reply to ]
Why does it change, does anyone know? Is it something that's setup that
way in the database? I use PhPMyAdmin so maybe it's that. I don't know.

Joel Feenstra

Re: cant access some recordings wneh I changed my machine's hostname and domain name [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 19 April 2003 07:26 pm, Joel Feenstra wrote:
> Why does it change, does anyone know? Is it something that's setup that
> way in the database? I use PhPMyAdmin so maybe it's that. I don't know.

Because it's a timestamp field. There was much discussion of this on the list
a month or two ago, and a patch was promised, but, of course, nothing came of
that.

Isaac
Re: cant access some recordings wneh I changed my machine's hostname and domain name [ In reply to ]
I did not quite know how to do that update thing. I looked at the
0-7-to-0-8.sql file and figured to delete the hostname column in
recorded and then to create it again. It worked. At least there are no
side effects that I am aware of.

Thanks