Mailing List Archive

Record Past the End of a Show Not Working
First off, thanks for any help in advance, and
secondly thanks to the MythTV folks for making such a
sweet, sweet program.

That out of the way, I have searched high and low
throughout the forum and have not been able to find
anyone else with this problem so here goes...

I've been missing the end of some shows, so I tried
setting up MythTV to record 5 minutes (300 seconds)
past the end of the show but it doesn't seem to be
working.

The setting is there, it's in the database. I have
restarted MythTV (frontend and backend), and I have
rebooted the computer. There are no shows being
recorded immediately after and there are no scheduling
conflicts.

I have shows to be recorded at certain time slots and
I have shows to be recorded at any time they are shown
on a certain channel and none of them are recording 5
minutes past the end.

Here is a bunch of info about my setup that may or may
not be useful:

MythTV 0.8
Gentoo Linux 1.4
MySQL 3.23.56 (Running on another computer)
All Myth Components (i.e. MythVideo, Music) installed

I have also been switching back and forth between KDE
3.1.1 and Blackbox 0.65.0

If anyone has a clue please let me know, I'm stumped.
Thanks again.

http://tax.yahoo.com
Re: Record Past the End of a Show Not Working [ In reply to ]
Well I don't know what happened (perhaps I just had to
post the question) but recording past the end of a
show started working all of a sudden.

The only thing that I did after posting the message
was run mythfilldatabase. Is there any reason that
this would fix the problem?

Well if anyone has any ideas I would still like to
know in case it happens again. Thanks!

http://tax.yahoo.com
Re: Record Past the End of a Show Not Working [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Me again. I am quite happy that Myth is now recording
past the end of programs but it doesn't seem to be
working quite right. When it hits the time that the
show is supposed to end (i.e. on the hour or half
hour) the recording begins to stutter and pause for
most of the rest of the recording.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone
actually use this feature? Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

-- Jeremy

http://search.yahoo.com
Re: Record Past the End of a Show Not Working [ In reply to ]
Hey Again,

I figured out what was going on with the tv recordings
stuttering a while back and I thought I would let
everyone know what happened, in case anyone
experiences the problems I was having.

It turns out that a lot of the shows I was recording
were beginning and ending at 11pm, 12am, 1am, etc
which is exactly when cron was running. D'oh! Since I
have an older machine, anything else that goes on in
the background while the computer is recording causes
the video to stutter pretty badly.

So if you are experiencing stuttering video for a
minute or two in your recordings be sure to check cron
to see if it is running anything during that time.

--Jeremy