return to mythfrontend. I'd really like to be able to run Myth without a
window manager if possible.

Jon
Re: Running Myth without a window manager [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:07:40 -0500
Jonathan Kolb <jkolb-mythtv@greyshift.net> wrote:

> Is this possible? I've tried running X with just mythfrontend in my
> .xinitrc, and it seems to have some focus issues when I leave a module and
> return to mythfrontend. I'd really like to be able to run Myth without a
> window manager if possible.

You could instead use very lightweight window managers. I used with success ratpoison and oroborus, and evilwm should do fine too. And there are many many others I don't remember about, that would work great, be unobstrusive and eat very little resources.

Pete
Re: Running Myth without a window manager [ In reply to ]
Jonathan Kolb wrote:
> Is this possible? I've tried running X with just mythfrontend in my
> .xinitrc, and it seems to have some focus issues when I leave a module and
> return to mythfrontend. I'd really like to be able to run Myth without a
> window manager if possible.
>
> Jon

See: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-19.html#ss19.2

And so as not to offend :) This will explain how to use FVWM, a
relitively light weight window manager. The .xintrc is even included
with Myth.

-rac
Re: Running Myth without a window manager [ In reply to ]
LOL. Touche! :-)