Mailing List Archive

Current SAA7134 status.
I am in the planning stages for a MythTV box and my desired motherboard
has 2 PCI slots in which I would like to have 2 tuner cards so at least
one will need sound not linked through the internal soundcard.

btaudio support seems a bit hit and miss. A Hauppauge WinTV card seems
the best bet but here in Australia they seem to be twice the price of
other cards (~$200 vs ~$100) and due to region differences it might not
work anyway.

The other option I can see is a saa7134 based card (particularly a
LifeView FlyVideo 3000) as the driver supports audio through the PCI
bus. The only trouble I can see is that it is a vfl2 driver which
support for doesn't seem to being maintained in MythTV according to
Isaac's November posting. I've looked through the archives and there
seems to be a couple of people who had it working, but a few who
couldn't too.

Can anyone tell me if they are currently using a saa7134 tuner card (or
even better, two) with the 0.8 version of MythTV and if they are having
any problems with the setup.

Alternatively if anyone can tell me of a particular card available in
Australia that supports btaudio, that would be great too.

Thanks,
Rob.
Re: Current SAA7134 status. [ In reply to ]
Im currently using the a saa7134 baser board and it works great. The v4l2 is
backwardcompatibel with v4l so its no problems. I compiled v4l2 as a module
(can be found on www.bytesex.org) and saa7134 as a module too and it worked
like a charm. First I tried to keep the kernel patched with th v4l2 patches but
that was more of a work then using the module.
One thing I havent tried is the VBI stuff for closed caption.
The card im using is a terratec cinergy 400 which cost about 70$ here in
Sweden, but it is perhaps cheaper in Austrialia.

Cheers,
Joel