Mailing List Archive

MythGame, Mame and roms
I have a working MythGame and XMame installation. I also have SNES and
NES roms, which MythGame locates and adds into the database fine.
However, MythGame will not scan for Mame roms, even though I have Mame
specified in my configuration file, and the path to the .zip files of the
Arcade roms. MythGame wont find any of them though. What format do the
Mame roms have to be in in order for MythGame to find them. Btw, Mame
will run just fine if called manually, finding all the arcade games and
running them just fine. Here is my Mame section of my
mythgame-settings.txt

### Mame specific settings ###

# Path and name of xmame binary
XMameBinary=/usr/bin/xmame.SDL -modenumber 0 -scale 2

# Directory where mame roms are located.
MameRomLocation=/home/media/roms/Arcade

# path and name of catver file.
XMameCatFile=/root/catver.ini

# Directory where screenshots are kept
MameScreensLocation=/screens

# Directory where high scores are kept
#MameScoresLocation=

# Directory where flyers are kept
MameFlyersLocation=/flyers

# Directory where cabinets are kept
MameCabinetsLocation=/cabs

# Directory where history files are kept
#MameHistoryLocation=

# Direstory where cheat files are kept
#MameCheatLocation=

# Choose to show or not to show the disclaimer
MameShowDisclaimer=0
MameShowGameInfo=1

I am running MythGame 0.8, on Debian unstable.

Pyroman[FO]
RE: MythGame, Mame and roms [ In reply to ]
It wouldn't scan any of my files either, then I finally figured out all
my roms where xxxx.ZIP and not xxxx.zip. Damn case sensitive systems! =p

RE: MythGame, Mame and roms [ In reply to ]
All of mine are lowercase.zip Good suggestion though.

Pyroman[FO]

My email address is now pyroman@ninjapanda.org, please update your address
books.
RE: MythGame, Mame and roms [ In reply to ]
Also, just thought of something. MAME doesn't even show up as a system in
the menu, so how do I tell it to scan for rom images?

Pyroman[FO]

RE: MythGame, Mame and roms [ In reply to ]
> However, MythGame will not scan for Mame roms, even though I have Mame
> specified in my configuration file, and the path to the .zip files of the
> Arcade roms. MythGame wont find any of them though.

Could it be a permission problem? Is the backend running as user "media"? What about the front end?
RE: MythGame, Mame and roms [ In reply to ]
>Could it be a permission problem? Is the backend running as user
"media"? >What about the front end?

Found the problem, turns out it was the options after the xmame.SDL in the
config. When I removed those and set them from the menu, it worked.

Pyroman[FO]
RE: MythGame, Mame and roms [ In reply to ]
Yeah, you shouldn't have any options specified in the path for the
executable. You can add those by editing the settings for a game or for
the whole system. Any options that aren't represented can be added in
the extra options edit box.