Mailing List Archive

Inserting channel info into MySQL for countries not listed in setup
Hello!

First of all let me compliment everybody (especially Isaac) who worked on this program with v0.8-release. Awesome!

Now my problem: I live in the Netherlands. There are no XMLTV-parsers in XMLTV for this country.

I have an XML-file (in XMLTV-format) containing program-info. Furthermore I have a .xawtv-file containing all the channel-info for my cable-provider. I know I need to use 'mythfilldatabase --file' to fill the database, but then the channels aren't set up correctly (since these aren't in the XML-file, but in the .xawtv-file).

It is also necessary to add a video source in MythTV-setup to make things work. When creating one I need to select a country (my country isn't listed and I cannot find a 'manual' or 'other' setting). The program always thinks I'm in a country (mostly NA, since it's default) in which I don't live. I think that affects the channel-settings as well.

My main question is: How do I make this work in a correct manner, without using XMLTV?

2nd: Is it possible to make a 'manual' setting in the video-source to tackle this 'country-not-listed'-problem?

3rd: Is it possible to make Mythtv read .xawtv-files?

greetings,

Dennis.