Mailing List Archive

importing previously recorded shows
Hi...

New on the list. Howdy all! I was successful last week in
installing the 0.7 release and moved forward to the CVS release
(0.8) on March 8th and got that running with virtually no
problems (lots of fun, tho, with all the dependencies). I even
had great luck getting my remote working with LIRC. Very cool.

Well, I had trouble with mythfilldatabase today, because it
didn't match my database (I had done a complete database drop
and re-create when I moved to the CVS version, so I didn't
forget to upgrade my database from 0.7 to 0.8). The error
message for mythfilldatabase mentioned that the "airdate"
field didn't exist, which, after checking, I verified was
not in my database.

I decided to grab the latest CVS (an hour ago) and recompile,
and re-install from scratch, so I wiped my database, grabbed the
latest code, rebuilt the database, and then failed on the build
of mythtv. I can provide details if wanted, but I decided to go
back to a snapshot of the code from March 8th and got that compiled
and running again just fine. (Interesting... I dropped the database
and rebuilt it yet again, and now the airdate field exists)

So... The real question: I have shows that I recorded over the
weekend, but they are not now available in the list of shows for
playback. Is there a way to fill some data into the database to
be able to have them show up in the list again, so I can watch them?

-Chris
RE: importing previously recorded shows [ In reply to ]
Re: importing previously recorded shows [ In reply to ]
Robert Kulagowski wrote

> contrib/mythrebuilddatabase.pl

thanks. I'll check it out. :)
Re: importing previously recorded shows [ In reply to ]
Robert Kulagowski wrote

> contrib/mythrebuilddatabase.pl

worked great. many thanks!

-Chris