Mailing List Archive

Could you help to provide translations for MythTV?
Dear fellow MythTV users,

A happy and healthy 2024 to all of our users around the world!

Have you wondered how you could contribute to MythTV development and
have a big impact on users around the world?

Perhaps you could help to translate our graphical interfaces into your
local language(s)?

The next version of MythTV, v34, is due for release in the coming
weeks, and translatable strings are now frozen.

You can see the current state of translations across all languages for
the next release of MythTV here:

https://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/master/

You can see that we support a large number of languages, through the
generous time our translators take to improve each release.

Full details of contributing translations for mythfrontend, our
various plugins and the new WebApp can be found on the MythTV wiki:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation

If you are able to help out, and are comfortable using git, please
open a Pull Request (PR) against the official MythTV repository on
Github, when your updates are ready. You can find our current Pull
Requests at https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pulls. This is the
preferred way of submitting updates for MythTV.

Alternatively, if you are unable to submit a Pull Request, please feel
free to send your updated .ts translation files (compressed!) directly
to me via email (knowledgejunkie@gmail.com, updates based against our
master branch), and I will endeavour to commit them to the repository
whilst preserving your contribution details.

With thanks,
Nick
Translations Wrangler
Re: Could you help to provide translations for MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Hi Nick,

I started on updating the Dutch translation (NL).

Groetjes,
Klaas.

Re: Could you help to provide translations for MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Dear Klaas,

That's great news!

I look forward to adding your new translations soon. If you (or anyone
else) have any questions, please ask.

Thanks,
Nick