Mailing List Archive

***IMPORTANT*** A few last minute strings...
Hi!

We very recently had to make an exception to the HARD string freeze
because it was discovered that due to what appears to be a cut & paste
problem some incorrect strings were displayed in some situations.

Since these are theme strings they are not immediately available for
translation so another exception was made to run the theme string
extraction program one last time before release.

When I recently asked about what we should do in a similar situation the

What this means is that the strings that were fixed and the strings that
were recently added or modified in the themes we translate will be
available for translation.

The number of strings that have to be translated is relatively small (a
few template strings, a few modifications here and there to strings that
where already there and a few new strings) and we have about 5 days to
translate them. If they go in during that time period they will be in
the initial release, if they go in after they will be available in
0.26-fixes (we will backport them).

We would have preferred to avoid such a situation but we could no longer
hide our heads in the sand like ostriches, ie know about a problem and
do nothing about it.

If some of you are clearly against doing this, please let me know. I
assumed that since I got positive answers and no negative answers when I
asked about what to do in a similar situation the others agreed with
what was said.

Thank you very much for your work and have a nice day!

Nicolas

*** In the interest of full disclosure one of those opinions was from
one my translation team member but I did not mention that thread to him
and did not ask him to say he agreed with it, it was his own opinion he
was voicing.
Re: ***IMPORTANT*** A few last minute strings... [ In reply to ]
Hi!

A few things to note...

If you pulled before 5:00 AM GST you might want to pull again, I noticed
a few problems as I was translating and had to correct them (theme
description different between master and 0.26, repo missing some
updates, etc...).

INFO, ZOOMIN and ZOOMOUT are key bindings names.

They are used with "for more" and "to adjust text size".

i.e.

"INFO for more"

and

"ZOOMIN ZOOMOUT to adjust text size"

Some typos where corrected in some of the strings:

"Wind(Gust):" became "Wind (Gust):"

and

"Hide Channels without channel number" became "Hide channels without
channel number"

Thank you for you work and have a nice day!

Nicolas
Re: ***IMPORTANT*** A few last minute strings... [ In reply to ]
> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 01:33:07 -0400
> From: knight@teksavvy.com
> To: mythtv-translators@mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [Mythtv-translators] ***IMPORTANT*** A few last minute strings...
>
> Thank you for you work and have a nice day!
>
> Nicolas

Hi, Nicolas.

I just want to let you know that the Blu-abstract theme description is not translatable.

Best regards,

Yianni.
Re: ***IMPORTANT*** A few last minute strings... [ In reply to ]
Hi Yianni!

On 9/23/2012 5:36 AM, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> I just want to let you know that the Blu-abstract theme description is
> not translatable.

I knew I was forgetting in my previous email...

That's normal, I had to replace the theme description for master by the
one for 0.26 since the themer used two different theme description.

The entry you should currently have in your translation files is

"Blue-abstract is a modern looking theme meant for widescreen HD
displays. The blue background and the consistent layout makes it an
attractive and elegant looking theme. This theme can be used with MythTV
0.26 and later."

and the entry your version of master is getting it

"Blue-abstract is a modern looking theme meant for widescreen HD
displays. The blue background and the consistent layout makes it an
attractive and elegant looking theme. This theme can be used with the
development version of MythTV (master)."

When I started translating yesterday night after I sent my email I
became suspicious of the "This theme can be used with..." so I checked
and sure enough the theme description was different so I replaced "This
theme can be used with the development version of MythTV (master)." with
"This theme can be used with the development version of MythTV (master)."

Once what's currently in master becomes 0.26 everything the theme
description should be translated.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas
Re: ***IMPORTANT*** A few last minute strings... [ In reply to ]
On 23 September 2012 03:18, Nicolas Riendeau <knight@teksavvy.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We very recently had to make an exception to the HARD string freeze because
> it was discovered that due to what appears to be a cut & paste problem some
> incorrect strings were displayed in some situations.

en_gb updated and pull request sent (see
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11112).

Cheers,
Nick