Hi,

I am new to MythTV so correct me if I am wrong.

I try to contribute to the translations and find I cannot change the language setup to test my translations. So I spend a little time with the code and change the language in mysql database settings table. And it works now.

My question is, is it possible to change the language setting after the initial setup under mythtv-setup? I did see the language and country setup during first settings screen.

thanks,

Bin

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
How to change the language setting after mythTV setup? [ In reply to ]
On 07/23/2011 06:26 PM, Bin Xu wrote:
> I am new to MythTV so correct me if I am wrong.
>
> I try to contribute to the translations and find I cannot change the
> language setup to test my translations. So I spend a little time with
> the code and change the language in mysql database settings table. And
> it works now.
>
> My question is, is it possible to change the language setting after
> the initial setup under mythtv-setup? I did see the language and
> country setup during first settings screen.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but after I wrote up a response, I
checked the mythfrontend --help output, and it seemed to indicate that I
was wrong. Yesterday, however, Stuart Morgan confirmed that the
approach I had planned to tell you about does work (and we will likely
change the --help output to better describe what it does). Then I took
another day trying to find your post so I could actually reply.

Anyway, just use:

mythfrontend -p

to prompt for the language. It's listed in the --help output as:

-p or --prompt Always prompt for Mythbackend selection.

but will actually cause a prompt for language (as we need to ensure we
ask about database/backend using the proper language).

Mike
How to change the language setting after mythTV setup? [ In reply to ]
Cool, that answers my question, thanks!

While I think it would be better if we can have some switch on the front end UI to choose the preferred language.

Thanks,

Bin

Hi!

Sorry, it looks like I either missed or never received the original message
as I always try to reply to posts made on this mailing list and did not in
this case because I never saw the original message...

> On 07/23/2011 06:26 PM, Bin Xu wrote:
> > I am new to MythTV so correct me if I am wrong.
> >
> > I try to contribute to the translations and find I cannot change the
> > language setup to test my translations. So I spend a little time with
> > the code and change the language in mysql database settings table. And
> > it works now.

In the user interface it should have been under something like
Setup/Settings, Appearance I think (I can't check as I am not home right
now and I am not a 100% sure as the frontend I use the most is not using
English but French).

(I am assuming though that the user interface was displayed in a language
you understood...)

> > My question is, is it possible to change the language setting after
> > the initial setup under mythtv-setup? I did see the language and
> > country setup during first settings screen.

<snip>

> mythfrontend -p

Thanks Mike! I have added this to the translation wiki page...

Have a nice day!

Nick