Robert McNamara is not using mythtv anymore and gave us green light to make
changes last year.

Angela

Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
On 23 Oct 2013, at 19:50, Angela <angela.schmid@wolke7.net> wrote:

> I like to upgrade from 0.26 to 0.27-fixes.
>
> Has somebody successfully upgraded to 0.27 using the Arclight theme

I copied across the Arclight files so it was available in 0.27, it's still my favourite, actually the only theme I like.

The most noticeable 0.27 problem is the notification pop ups, they are very very not Arclight.

> (interested in recordings/videos menus)? Have you made any changes you like
> to contribute (as a starting point)?

I added a couple of things to the videos, duration and some other things I don't remember right now but I could easily generate a diff. It's nothing exciting but it was the first step towards thinking about, starting to research, considering making some small updates to the theme for 0.27...

Did I correctly indicate that I haven't done much other than think about it?

> I am looking for some users to build up an interest group of Arclight users
> interesting in coding or testing changes for 0.27, who is interested?

Interested.

> Robert McNamara is not using mythtv anymore and gave us green light to make
> changes last year.

I saw that but haven't done much towards it since then.

Andre
Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
On 10/24/2013 03:23 AM, Andre Newman wrote:
> On 23 Oct 2013, at 19:50, Angela wrote:
>
>> I like to upgrade from 0.26 to 0.27-fixes.
>>
>> Has somebody successfully upgraded to 0.27 using the Arclight theme
> I copied across the Arclight files so it was available in 0.27, it's still my favourite, actually the only theme I like.
>
> The most noticeable 0.27 problem is the notification pop ups, they are very very not Arclight.
>
>> (interested in recordings/videos menus)? Have you made any changes you like
>> to contribute (as a starting point)?
> I added a couple of things to the videos, duration and some other things I don't remember right now but I could easily generate a diff. It's nothing exciting but it was the first step towards thinking about, starting to research, considering making some small updates to the theme for 0.27...
>
> Did I correctly indicate that I haven't done much other than think about it?
>
>> I am looking for some users to build up an interest group of Arclight users
>> interesting in coding or testing changes for 0.27, who is interested?
> Interested.
>
>> Robert McNamara is not using mythtv anymore and gave us green light to make
>> changes last year.
> I saw that but haven't done much towards it since then.

If you guys would like, I can get the repo put up on MythTV-Themes (
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes ) and someone (or, better, some team :)
could take ownership/maintenance of it. I'm pretty sure I have an
export of the last version of it we had in the old SVN repo before it
moved to an external location.

Mike
Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
> If you guys would like, I can get the repo put up on MythTV-Themes (

And girls

> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes ) and someone (or, better, some team
> :)
> could take ownership/maintenance of it. I'm pretty sure I have an
> export of the last version of it we had in the old SVN repo before it
> moved to an external location.

On ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/ there is a 0.25 version we can
add to trunk and tag.
I made some small changes for 0.26, which we can update and tag.
And start working on 0.27, incorporating changes of Andre Newman and other
people as a start.

I make a cross post on mythtv-users to get more people aware of our plan.

Angela

Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
> If you guys would like, I can get the repo put up on MythTV-Themes (

And girls

> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes ) and someone (or, better, some team
> :)
> could take ownership/maintenance of it. I'm pretty sure I have an
> export of the last version of it we had in the old SVN repo before it
> moved to an external location.

On ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/ there is a 0.25 version we can
add to trunk and tag.
I made some small changes for 0.26, which we can update and tag.
And start working on 0.27, incorporating changes of Andre Newman and other
people as a start.

Can you add me to the repository "angelaschmid".

Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
On 10/24/2013 06:13 PM, Angela wrote:
>> If you guys would like, I can get the repo put up on MythTV-Themes (
> And girls

And girls! :)

>> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes ) and someone (or, better, some team
>> :)
>> could take ownership/maintenance of it. I'm pretty sure I have an
>> export of the last version of it we had in the old SVN repo before it
>> moved to an external location.
> On ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/ there is a 0.25 version we can
> add to trunk and tag.
> I made some small changes for 0.26, which we can update and tag.
> And start working on 0.27, incorporating changes of Andre Newman and other
> people as a start.
>
> Can you add me to the repository "angelaschmid".
>
> I make a cross post on mythtv-users to get more people aware of our plan.

Done. I didn't have the old repo with history--I forgot that I had
deleted it when Arclight got updated a lot after the last version in our
repo. So I went with the Arclight-25.12_0.25.zip you mentioned. You
have permissions on the repo, and I'm happy to add any other team
members you would like.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,
Mike
Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
> > On ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/ there is a 0.25 version we
> > can add to trunk and tag.
> > I made some small changes for 0.26, which we can update and tag.
> > And start working on 0.27, incorporating changes of Andre Newman and
> > other people as a start.
> >
> > Can you add me to the repository "angelaschmid".
> >
> > I make a cross post on mythtv-users to get more people aware of our
plan.

> Done. I didn't have the old repo with history--I forgot that I had
deleted it
> when Arclight got updated a lot after the last version in our repo. So I
went
> with the Arclight-25.12_0.25.zip you mentioned. You have permissions on
> the repo, and I'm happy to add any other team members you would like.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks mike for setting up the repo
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Arclight
I branched your initial import to fixes/0.25.

Added my changes and branched it to fixes/0.26
Show channelnumber and callsign on same line in EPG guide.
Show filesize of recordings.
Made osd_status window size smaller.
Changed version to 26.1

You can use this to create a
ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/0.26/Arclight-26.1_0.26.zip

On master I changed the version to 27.1.

@Andre (and others)
Can you please send me your changes you made for 0.27 off list
(angela.schmid@wolke7.net), so I feel more comfortable when upgrading.

Angela

Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
* On Fri Oct 25, 2013 at 01:29:02PM +0200, Angela wrote:
> You can use this to create a
> ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/0.26/Arclight-26.1_0.26.zip

I'll look at adding this to the packaging script over the weekend.

--
Chris
Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
On 11/03/2013 01:23 AM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Fri Oct 25, 2013 at 01:29:02PM +0200, Angela wrote:
>> You can use this to create a
>> ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/0.26/Arclight-26.1_0.26.zip
> I'll look at adding this to the packaging script over the weekend.

For easy access, the new repo is at

Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
* On Tue Nov 05, 2013 at 09:59:49AM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> For easy access, the new repo is at
> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Arclight .

This is now setup to be packaged now for 0.25, 0.26, and master to match
the existing branches on github.

--
Chris
Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
On 23/10/13 20:50, Angela wrote:
> I like to upgrade from 0.26 to 0.27-fixes.
>
> Has somebody successfully upgraded to 0.27 using the Arclight theme
> (interested in recordings/videos menus)? Have you made any changes you like
> to contribute (as a starting point)?
>
> I am looking for some users to build up an interest group of Arclight users
> interesting in coding or testing changes for 0.27, who is interested?
>
> Robert McNamara is not using mythtv anymore and gave us green light to make
> changes last year.
>
> Angela

Hi Angela,
At some point of time I almost completely upgrade this theme to 0.27-fixes.
I think only some minor things are missing.
Pls download it from: http://minimyth2.linuxd.org/Download/Arclight.sfs
It is squashfs archive so You have to unpack it....
br
Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
> From: mythtv-theming-bounces@mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-theming-
> bounces@mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Warpme
> Hi Angela,
> At some point of time I almost completely upgrade this theme to
0.27-fixes.
> I think only some minor things are missing.
> Pls download it from: http://minimyth2.linuxd.org/Download/Arclight.sfs
> It is squashfs archive so You have to unpack it....
> br

@warpme, thanks for helping.
I noticed that several of your files are of an older date. Themeinfo.xml
shows that you used 25.11. The 25.12 release underwent several big changes
by Robert.

Could you please rebase your changes based on master (is 0.27-fixes)
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Arclight

I checked the other themes, Mythcenter-wide has a great picture gallery,
which is a great replacement for ours, Mythaeon has a good looking weather
theme; Mythmediastream has some nice music buttons.
I had a severe ski accident and will be lying horizontal for the next two
months: anybody interested to have a look?

Cheers
Angela

Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
On 19/12/13 15:06, Angela wrote:
>> From: mythtv-theming-bounces@mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-theming-
>> bounces@mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Warpme
>> Hi Angela,
>> At some point of time I almost completely upgrade this theme to
> 0.27-fixes.
>> I think only some minor things are missing.
>> Pls download it from: http://minimyth2.linuxd.org/Download/Arclight.sfs
>> It is squashfs archive so You have to unpack it....
>> br
> @warpme, thanks for helping.
> I noticed that several of your files are of an older date. Themeinfo.xml
> shows that you used 25.11. The 25.12 release underwent several big changes
> by Robert.
>
> Could you please rebase your changes based on master (is 0.27-fixes)
> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Arclight
>
> I checked the other themes, Mythcenter-wide has a great picture gallery,
> which is a great replacement for ours, Mythaeon has a good looking weather
> theme; Mythmediastream has some nice music buttons.
> I had a severe ski accident and will be lying horizontal for the next two
> months: anybody interested to have a look?
>
> Cheers
> Angela

Angela,
I'm not working anymore on this theme. Fork of ArcLight I provide is my
mod of this theme.
I simply decide it might worth to share my work with others.
I intentionally not include 25.12 changes Robert done - as for me they
wasn't fit my taste/imagination at that time.
Sorry for that.
Hope You will find at least parts of it useful....
br

Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
Hello

The Arclight theme has been updated to 0.27.01.

https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Arclight/commits/v27.01

Special thanks go to warpme

Added parts of contrib/27-warpme contributions:
music-base.xml
musicsettings-ui.xml
music-ui.xml
netvision-ui.xml (not tested)
notification-ui.xml
schedule-ui.xml (schedule filter)
weather-ui.xml
zoneminder-ui.xml (not tested)

The contributed files origin from 25.11 and parts of 25.12 and were
adapted to 27 by warpme.
The used fonts "Gill Sans" and "AlternateGothicNo2EU" are not freely
licensed.
Changed to the Arclight fonts "CartoGothic Std" and "League Gothic".
"Gill Sans" and "AlternateGothicNo2EU" have a smaller characterspace, so
the contributed files where positionally adapted.
Translated some parts from polish in englisch.
Used popup fading as already existed/configured in Arclight.

I redesigned mythgallery to use an image grid.

@Chris,Michael
Can you please create
ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/0.27/Arclight-27.01_0.27.zip
Git repo is tagged with v27.01

Anyone who want to try earlier:
cd ~/.mythtv/themes
# get the version from github and make it coexist to other local Arclight
instances
git clone https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Arclight.git Arclight.27.01
pickup the new theme in the themechooser

TODO:
In the image grid I would like to hide the filename for images. I tried
several ways to accomplish this but to no avail, I started a mail thread
today to sort this out.

Any comments are welcome.

Angela

Re: [0.27] Arclight [ In reply to ]
* On Wed Jan 22, 2014 at 03:01:12AM +0100, Angela wrote:
> @Chris,Michael
> Can you please create
> ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/0.27/Arclight-27.01_0.27.zip
> Git repo is tagged with v27.01

Sorry for the delay, this is setup to be packaged now so it should show up
in the next 12 hours or so.

--
Chris