Subject: [mythtv] 0.27 release schedule
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:59:00 -0400
From: Nicolas Riendeau <knight@teksavvy.com>
To: Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev@mythtv.org>

Hi,

The current timetable for the release of MythTV 0.27 is:

alpha July 21th Only bug fixes
* Soft freeze for translatable strings. *
beta August 3rd Only critical bug fixes allowed after this date.
rc0 August 10th Release Candidate. If critical bug fix required,
we will cut new rc and wait another week.
* Hard freeze for translatable strings. *
rc1-x As needed
release RC becomes release when no bug fix required for
one week.

As always these dates are subject to change if the resolution of some
critical/blocker bugs needed it.

Regards,

Nicolas
MythTV developer
Re: FYI - Planned 0.27 release schedule [ In reply to ]
* On Wed Jul 17, 2013 at 10:11:09PM -0400, Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> The planned schedule for the release of MythTV 0.27 was posted earlier
> today.
>
> It is now time to update your themes for 0.27.

As a reminder, the automated scripts packaging for the Theme Chooser will
not automatically package your theme for 0.27. If your theme is
compatible with 0.27 post here or shoot me an email letting me know
where to pull the 0.27 compatible code from and I'll start getting the
packages generated so that when 0.27 is released, your themes will
be available for download immediately.

--
Chris
Re: FYI - Planned 0.27 release schedule [ In reply to ]
Hi Chris,

The Willi Theme is currently being developed for 0.27.
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Willi/tree/0.27-fixes

The other Themes would need some love... do you have download statistics to
see if it is worth doing the effort?

Cheers,

Elkin

Re: FYI - Planned 0.27 release schedule [ In reply to ]
I don't know if there are download statistics, but there is data on themes
in the mythtv section of smolt
http://smolt.mythtv.org/static/stats/stats.html

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos

Re: FYI - Planned 0.27 release schedule [ In reply to ]
* On Fri Jul 19, 2013 at 08:46:44AM -0700, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> I don't know if there are download statistics, but there is data on themes
> in the mythtv section of smolt
> http://smolt.mythtv.org/static/stats/stats.html

That's exactly where I was going to point him.

We don't track theme downloads for themes because themes are being
downloaded directly from the OSUOSL.org ftp mirror. I was considering
replacing the OSU link with a link to a PHP redirect script on our
web server so that we could track them. The smolt stats may be the
best indicator though since download counts don't correspond exactly
to user counts.

--
Chris
Re: FYI - Planned 0.27 release schedule [ In reply to ]
Hi Chris,

I've created 027 branches for mythaeon and mythmediastream themes.

Repositories can be found on:

http://code.google.com/p/mythaeon/

and

http://code.google.com/p/mythmediastream/

Could you please add to the theme downloader script?

Cheers, Ted.

Re: FYI - Planned 0.27 release schedule [ In reply to ]
Hi Chris,

I noticed that the mythaeon theme is not available in the theme downloader
(mythmediastream is however). Could you please take a look into that or
tell me what is wrong so I can fix?

Cheers, Ted.