Mailing List Archive

How to clone a theme in 0.25
Hi,

I have setup a 0.25 MythTV server and separate frontend. All good and
working - great.

I want to tinker just a little with the themes. Smart thing to do, usually,
is to clone a base theme, rename it and work on that - pretty standard
practice.

I have spent a lot of time looking but I cannot see how to do this, it seems
all has changed since 0.24. It seems in the past you just copied a theme
directory, updated "themeinfo.xml" and bingo you had a clone of a theme you
could work on.

Far as I can tell and I may have missed it, but there isn't any docs on how
to do this in 0.25, in fact as far as I can tell the only themes you can use
are ones that are downloaded. This seems a bit.. how to put this..
unexpected. I say this because if the only way to change themes is by
downloading from a server on the Internet what happens if the server is down
or your Myth box does not have internet access - unusual but I am sure it
must happen.

Anyone with info I would much appreciate it.

Yours Tony P
Re: How to clone a theme in 0.25 [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 19 Jul 2012 22:31:03 ajp@cantabrian.co.nz wrote:
> Far as I can tell and I may have missed it, but there isn't any docs on how
> to do this in 0.25, in fact as far as I can tell the only themes you can use
> are ones that are downloaded. This seems a bit.. how to put this..
> unexpected. I say this because if the only way to change themes is by
> downloading from a server on the Internet what happens if the server is
> down or your Myth box does not have internet access - unusual but I am sure
> it must happen.

Nothing has changed at all. It will still load any themes which only exist
locally. You can still 'clone' a theme by copying it to a new directory and
changing the themeinfo.xml.

The only thing different from 0.24 is that you can easily download and install
new themes from within the frontend.
--
Stuart Morgan
Re: How to clone a theme in 0.25 [ In reply to ]
On 07/19/2012 06:40 AM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Thursday 19 Jul 2012 22:31:03 ajp@cantabrian.co.nz wrote:
>> Far as I can tell and I may have missed it, but there isn't any docs on how
>> to do this in 0.25, in fact as far as I can tell the only themes you can use
>> are ones that are downloaded. This seems a bit.. how to put this..
>> unexpected. I say this because if the only way to change themes is by
>> downloading from a server on the Internet what happens if the server is
>> down or your Myth box does not have internet access - unusual but I am sure
>> it must happen.
> Nothing has changed at all. It will still load any themes which only exist
> locally. You can still 'clone' a theme by copying it to a new directory and
> changing the themeinfo.xml.
>
> The only thing different from 0.24 is that you can easily download and install
> new themes from within the frontend.

And they get put in $HOME/.mythtv/themes directory--not in
/usr/share/mythtv directory... (I'm guessing this is why you can't find
them to copy.)

Mike