Mailing List Archive

New supported and required fields in .25
Hi themers,

Just wanted to make you aware of the newly supported fields and
windows I've added in the last week, and you may wish to adjust your
themes to add support. Some changes are optional, some are not, so
it's worth a look.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup

1) Support for season, episode, and inetref for recordings. Anywhere
you can use the usual recording fields like title, subtitle, chanid,
recstart, recend, etc., you can now use the following:

* season
* episode
* s00e00
* 00x00
* inetref

This includes the "Watch Recording" screen.

2) Multiple new required widgets in the Watch Recordings Edit Metadata
screen. Documented here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Recordings-ui.xml#The_.22editmetadata.22_window

3) Schedule editor changes:

* Adds a "metadata" button to the scheduleeditor to invoke the
Metadata Options screen

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedule-ui.xml#The_.22scheduleeditor.22_window

* Adds the "metadatalookup" checkbox to the postproceditor window:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedule-ui.xml#The_.22postproceditor.22_window

* Adds the "metadataoptions" window:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedule-ui.xml#The_.22metadataoptions.22_window

4) The removal of the "moviesel" window from video-ui.xml and the
addition of the MythMetadataResults window to base.xml:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Base.xml#The_.22MythMetadataResults.22_window

5) The removal of the "artworksel" window from video-ui.xml and the
addition of the MythArtworkResults window to base.xml:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Base.xml#The_.22MythArtworkResults.22_window

If there are any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Robert
MythTV
Re: New supported and required fields in .25 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Support for season, episode, and inetref for recordings.  Anywhere
> you can use the usual recording fields like title, subtitle, chanid,
> recstart, recend, etc., you can now use the following:
>
> * season
> * episode
> * s00e00
> * 00x00
> * inetref
>
> This includes the "Watch Recording" screen.

As a brief followup, I wanted to make clear that the season and
episode information will only be populated *once a recording takes
place*. The reason for this is that we are constantly rescheduling
and the upcoming recordings exist only in memory, so we would
potentially have been hitting the metadata sources hundreds of times
every reschedule, which with EIT could be as often as every five
minutes! So, you will not want to use the season and episode fields
in screens about upcoming or scheduled recordings, but you may want to
use them in screens about *existing* recordings. Inetref exists as a
part of the recording rule and the recorded program, so that can be
used anywhere.

Hope this helps,

Robert