Is dvd-ui.xml still an actively used file ?

It's in the MythUI_Theme_Development docs, but I don't see it included with
any of the themes (at least that were installed from atrpms).

Re: Is dvd-ui.xml still active ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:

> Is dvd-ui.xml still an actively used file ?

Not in .24 or greater.
Re: Is dvd-ui.xml still active ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
> <chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is dvd-ui.xml still an actively used file ?
>
> Not in .24 or greater.

Thanks. I've added this to the Wiki

Also, it looks like only Terra currently has a valid music-ui.html file. Not
even 'default' is updated, which can drive you nuts if you are diffing
against default for changes. :-)

Maybe Terra's music-ui.html could at least be copied over to default, to
give people a fighting chance ?

Re: Is dvd-ui.xml still active ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
>> <chris@westnet.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Is dvd-ui.xml still an actively used file ?
>>
>> Not in .24 or greater.
>
> Thanks. I've added this to the Wiki
>
> Also, it looks like only Terra currently has a valid music-ui.html file. Not
> even 'default' is updated, which can drive you nuts if you are diffing
> against default for changes. :-)

What part of Arclight's is broken?

Robert
Re: Is dvd-ui.xml still active ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> What part of Arclight's is broken?

It's the old format, old window names (music_select), has

Again, at least the one included with myththemes-0.24-172.noarch from atrpms
is. 1560 bytes dated Sep 22nd.

Re: Is dvd-ui.xml still active ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
>> What part of Arclight's is broken?
>
> It's the old format, old window names (music_select), has
>
> Again, at least the one included with myththemes-0.24-172.noarch from atrpms
> is. 1560 bytes dated Sep 22nd.

Those definitions and windows are for non-MythUI screens, and thus are
not MythUI (and thus are not and will never be documented in the
MythUI theme docs). Do you have any examples of actual misbehavior or
invalidity?

Robert
Re: Is dvd-ui.xml still active ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> Those definitions and windows are for non-MythUI screens, and thus are
> not MythUI (and thus are not and will never be documented in the
> MythUI theme docs). Do you have any examples of actual misbehavior or
> invalidity?

Well here's what the validator says:

[chris@lazarus Arclight]$ xmllint --noout --schema http://www.mythtv.org/schema/mythuitheme.xsd music-ui.xml

music-ui.xml:7: element font: Schemas validity error : Element 'font': This element is not expected.
music-ui.xml:86: element font: Schemas validity error : Element 'font': This element is not expected.
music-ui.xml:392: element font: Schemas validity error : Element 'font': This element is not expected.
music-ui.xml fails to validate

And while we're at it, every theme gives this error:

themeinfo.xml:2: element themeinfo: Schemas validity error : Element
'themeinfo': No matching global declaration available for the validation
root.
themeinfo.xml fails to validate

Re: Is dvd-ui.xml still active ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris@westnet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
>> Those definitions and windows are for non-MythUI screens, and thus are
>> not MythUI (and thus are not and will never be documented in the
>> MythUI theme docs).  Do you have any examples of actual misbehavior or
>> invalidity?
>
> Well here's what the validator says:
>
> [chris@lazarus Arclight]$ xmllint --noout --schema http://www.mythtv.org/schema/mythuitheme.xsd music-ui.xml
>
> music-ui.xml:7: element font: Schemas validity error : Element 'font': This element is not expected.
> music-ui.xml:86: element font: Schemas validity error : Element 'font': This element is not expected.
> music-ui.xml:392: element font: Schemas validity error : Element 'font': This element is not expected.
> music-ui.xml fails to validate

Correct, non-MythUI screens will not validate against a MythUI validator.

Robert
Re: Is dvd-ui.xml still active ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Robert McNamara wrote:

> Correct, non-MythUI screens will not validate against a MythUI validator.

I think I got it now. :-)