I'm developing a new theme, i can't figured out how I should do to increase the size of subtitles?

Is it something into the theme-xml or in the configuration setup?

Thank you
Re: Subtitles font size [ In reply to ]
On 07/26/2010 05:47 AM, Federico Ferri wrote:
> I'm developing a new theme, i can't figured out how I should do to increase the size of subtitles?
>
> Is it something into the theme-xml or in the configuration setup?

TTBOMK, there is no (and has never been) support for changing the font
size of "analog" captions/subtitles (EIA-608 captions). The
specification required that systems choose an appropriate font size
(some 1/19th the screen height or something like that--been a while
since I looked).

For EIA-708 captions (the ATSC captions), the specification encourages
implementations to allow user control over the font size. At this point
(TTBOMK), we do not have code to allow changing the caption size, but we
do plan to allow it once code is written. I'm sure we would apply the
same code to non-ATSC text-based subtitles, too (i.e. other "digital"
subtitles, not including the bitmapped subtitles).

Note, also, that current trunk does not support changing the font used
with captions. (Again, for 708 captions, the spec encourages
implementations to allow it.) When the OSD was rewritten to use
MythUI***, it completely changed the way we were getting fonts, so we
need all new code to allow changing fonts. My preference is to have
that specified by the themer (along with font sizes), but we haven't yet
come to a final decision on the implementation.

Mike

***And, by the way, since the OSD implementation has changed completely,
if you write an OSD theme for 0.23-fixes and below, it will not work
with trunk or 0.24 (when released). So, for maximum longevity, you
probably want to write any OSD themes for trunk. Just mentioning this
in case you weren't aware.
Re: Subtitles font size [ In reply to ]
Thank you Michael for your answer.
Sorry, i wasn't clear enaugh....
I'm devolping a theme for trunk, with the new MythUI engine and i know many pages are "in progress".

I was asking expecially for srt subtitles or subtitles for the video sections, but indeed i am interested in DVB subtitle too..

i've asked this because since some revisions ago i could adjust the font size with the setup menu (something about ATSC font.... i think). Now the setup menu has changed and the font became really small an thin...

By the way... i will wait your good work on the MythUI will be finished.

Thank you very much!

Re: Subtitles font size [ In reply to ]
Federico, I hope to fix the Teletext/SRT/608/708 font selection
before the next release, but for now, as Michael T. Dean said, it
is not controllable except in the code.

-- Daniel

Re: Subtitles font size [ In reply to ]
Thank you Daniel for you answer and for all the grat work you are doing

no-problem, i will wait your good job to finish!

Federico