it seems to me, that the values for "small", "medium" and "large" font aren't applied at themes?

I am using the bloutubeWide-theme and can't force it to show me more informations in EPG-view?

Background is that i changed to a fullHd-Tv and want to see more programs at once at a longer timespan because of the improved resolution.

kind regards
Florian
--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02
Re: Fonts: Why isn't small, medium and large size applied? [ In reply to ]
On 03/08/2010 09:38 AM, qeldroma wrote:
> it seems to me, that the values for "small", "medium" and "large" font aren't applied at themes?

That setting applies only to the non-themed Qt UI elements in
MythTV--which will be completely gone once the mythui conversion is
complete.

In short, the ability of the user to destroy themes by changing font
sizing--and, therefore, causing GUI elements to no longer align properly
with text elements--was removed with the mythui theme engine. It will
not be re-added. If you don't like font sizes, you /must/ edit the theme.

> I am using the bloutubeWide-theme and can't force it to show me more informations in EPG-view?
>
> Background is that i changed to a fullHd-Tv and want to see more programs at once at a longer timespan because of the improved resolution.

The theme also has full control over the number of channels and time
slots shown in the EPG. Sounds like you want to create a brand new
theme. :)

(Note, also, that the blootube-wide theme is gone, so you probably
should switch to a current/"supported" theme.
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23442 )

Mike
Re: Fonts: Why isn't small, medium and large size applied? [ In reply to ]
Hi Florian,

I keep a half working copy of blootube on my blog, as I need to keep
the WAF up. Feel free to change it or ask for changes... once I get
time I will update it.

http://elkin.de/elkin-wide/

cheers,

Elkin

Re: Fonts: Why isn't small, medium and large size applied? [ In reply to ]
On 03/09/2010 04:18 AM, Elkin Fricke wrote:
> I keep a half working copy of blootube on my blog, as I need to keep
> the WAF up. Feel free to change it or ask for changes... once I get
> time I will update it.
>
> http://elkin.de/elkin-wide/

Another option is choosing one of the multiple nice, new themes to keep
WAF up: Arclight, Terra, Childish, LCARS, TransBlue,
Blue-abstract-wide, ... :)

Mike
Re: Fonts: Why isn't small, medium and large size applied? [ In reply to ]
Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/09/2010 04:18 AM, Elkin Fricke wrote:
>> I keep a half working copy of blootube on my blog, as I need to keep
>> the WAF up. Feel free to change it or ask for changes... once I get
>> time I will update it.
>>
>> http://elkin.de/elkin-wide/
>>

> Another option is choosing one of the multiple nice, new themes to keep
> WAF up: Arclight, Terra, Childish, LCARS, TransBlue,
> Blue-abstract-wide, ... :)

well actually Elkin's BandO theme is quite cool
Re: Fonts: Why isn't small, medium and large size applied? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean@thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/09/2010 04:18 AM, Elkin Fricke wrote:
>>
>> I keep a half working copy of blootube on my blog, as I need to keep
>> the WAF up. Feel free to change it or ask for changes... once I get
>> time I will update it.
>>
>> http://elkin.de/elkin-wide/
>>

> Another option is choosing one of the multiple nice, new themes to keep WAF
> up:  Arclight, Terra, Childish, LCARS, TransBlue, Blue-abstract-wide, ...
>  :)
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

true, but my Wife defines her acceptance factor by what she already
knows. Her argument, like many users I have tried to switch to new
themes, is: I learned it this way, why change a working system. So for
her: blootube-wide=high WAF. For me it means: keep the functions she
needs up to date in blootube.

I am more the type who changes his theme every time something new
appears, but thats my HAF (husband acceptance factor). And thats what
I love in MythTV... I can change anything as I please and give it back
to the community, no strings attached.

cheers,

Elkin