2. In Upcoming Recordings, how can I get the text of the scheduled recording
to change reflecting Currently Recording, Previously Recorded, etc.
statuses? Currently it's all the same, and I need to see the far right
character (tuner number, P/R/E etc.) to glance the status for an item not
currently selected by me. I've checked the schedule-ui.xml but cannot locate
where it's done...

Thanks a lot
Bob
Re: Couple things re: Blue-Abstract-Wide [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill@rogers.com> wrote:
> 1. In video gallery, scrolling left to right ends at the current row,
> doesn't continue down to the beginning of the row below like in other themes
> (and how I'm used to it). How can I change this in the theme (if I can)?

What theme does this? There is no wrap style that scrolls to the next
vertical row when you move to the end of a column in a grid, and that
sounds like what you are asking for (and suggestng you've seen, which
isn't possible).

> 2. In Upcoming Recordings, how can I get the text of the scheduled recording
> to change reflecting Currently Recording, Previously Recorded, etc.
> statuses? Currently it's all the same, and I need to see the far right
> character (tuner number, P/R/E etc.) to glance the status for an item not
> currently selected by me. I've checked the schedule-ui.xml but cannot locate
> where it's done...

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedule-ui.xml

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedule-ui.xml#Generic_Attributes_Used_in_most_windows

"recstatus"

Robert
Re: Couple things re: Blue-Abstract-Wide [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill@rogers.com> wrote:
>> 1. In video gallery, scrolling left to right ends at the current row,
>> doesn't continue down to the beginning of the row below like in other themes
>> (and how I'm used to it). How can I change this in the theme (if I can)?
>>

> What theme does this?  There is no wrap style that scrolls to the next
> vertical row when you move to the end of a column in a grid, and that
> sounds like what you are asking for (and suggestng you've seen, which
> isn't possible).

I've since been told you were probably referring to pre-MythUI themes.
So yeah, not currently possible.

Robert
Re: Couple things re: Blue-Abstract-Wide [ In reply to ]
> I've since been told you were probably referring to pre-MythUI themes.
> So yeah, not currently possible.

Sorry, I must not have described it properly. What I mean is (And I /just/
tried this on Graphite and btw I'm on 0.22 stable), in Video Gallery here's
the wiki SS http://www.mythtv.org/w/images/d/db/Blue-abstract.png if I
have scrolled to Harold & Kumar at the far right end of the top row, and I
hit RIGHT again, it will go to Hellboy which is first left of the bottom
row, and continue on. In BAW theme, I must hit DOWN to go to the bottom row
and continue going LEFT to scroll through the row; it does not "continue" on
is what I mean.

Thanks for the links re: Upcoming Recordings I will have a look, tinker and
see what I can do :)

Thanks
Bob
Re: Couple things re: Blue-Abstract-Wide [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Bobby Gill <brownitus@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I've since been told you were probably referring to pre-MythUI themes.
>>  So yeah, not currently possible.
>>

> Sorry, I must not have described it properly. What I mean is (And I /just/
> tried this on Graphite and btw I'm on 0.22 stable), in Video Gallery here's
> the wiki SS http://www.mythtv.org/w/images/d/db/Blue-abstract.png   if I
> have scrolled to Harold & Kumar at the far right end of the top row, and I
> hit RIGHT again, it will go to Hellboy which is first left of the bottom
> row, and continue on. In BAW theme, I must hit DOWN to go to the bottom row
> and continue going LEFT to scroll through the row; it does not "continue" on
> is what I mean.

I wrote Graphite, and it definitely doesn't. ;)

Are you using some non-standard repository that might have
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7443 applied? Because the one I
wrote sure doesn't...

Robert
Re: Couple things re: Blue-Abstract-Wide [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Bobby Gill <brownitus@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've since been told you were probably referring to pre-MythUI themes.
>>>  So yeah, not currently possible.
>>>

>> Sorry, I must not have described it properly. What I mean is (And I /just/
>> tried this on Graphite and btw I'm on 0.22 stable), in Video Gallery here's
>> the wiki SS http://www.mythtv.org/w/images/d/db/Blue-abstract.png   if I
>> have scrolled to Harold & Kumar at the far right end of the top row, and I
>> hit RIGHT again, it will go to Hellboy which is first left of the bottom
>> row, and continue on. In BAW theme, I must hit DOWN to go to the bottom row
>> and continue going LEFT to scroll through the row; it does not "continue" on
>> is what I mean.
>
> I wrote Graphite, and it definitely doesn't.  ;)
>
> Are you using some non-standard repository that might have
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7443 applied?  Because the one I
> wrote sure doesn't...
>
> Robert

And just to be extra clear, there is *no* code in MythUI right now, at
all, which would perform the above function, let alone in Graphite,
which I wrote. This means if you are seeing it, you , or your
packager, has applied the above patch *and* changed Graphite.

Which is kinda frustrating if it is a packager.

Robert
Re: Couple things re: Blue-Abstract-Wide [ In reply to ]
> I wrote Graphite, and it definitely doesn't. ;)
>
> Are you using some non-standard repository that might have
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7443 applied? Because the one I
> wrote sure doesn't...
>
> Robert

Doggonit you're right, I just checked again and it actually goes back to the
first item on the same row. Jeez, guess being a user of 0.21 for so long
it's been a natural scrolling feel to do it that way. It was just out of
habit I thought it was doing that, sorry.

Thanks for the link to that ticket, though, can that be applied to 0.22
stable or only trunk??

And checking the schedule-ui page I still cannot locate how to alter the
colour for upcoming recordings based on status (greyed out if
previously/currently recorded, red if conflicting, etc. as an example) for
the recordings in the list. I also checked a few other theme's schedule-ui
pages on my system (all have just been downloaded) and I can't see where the
colours are being set. I altered the "<textarea name="status"
from="base_textarea">" but this only changed the colour of "No Conflicts" at
the very top. I'm pretty bad at this heh, appreciate any help..

Thanks
Re: Couple things re: Blue-Abstract-Wide [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Bobby Gill <brownitus@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I wrote Graphite, and it definitely doesn't.  ;)
>>
>> Are you using some non-standard repository that might have
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7443 applied?  Because the one I
>> wrote sure doesn't...
>>
>> Robert
>
> Doggonit you're right, I just checked again and it actually goes back to the
> first item on the same row. Jeez, guess being a user of 0.21 for so long
> it's been a natural scrolling feel to do it that way. It was just out of
> habit I thought it was doing that, sorry.
>
> Thanks for the link to that ticket, though, can that be applied to 0.22
> stable or only trunk??

Thought you *just* checked it?

I can't tell you want that would apply to, but regarding UI patches I
would suggest waiting for them to get a review.

> And checking the schedule-ui page I still cannot locate how to alter the
> colour for upcoming recordings based on status (greyed out if
> previously/currently recorded, red if conflicting, etc. as an example) for
> the recordings in the list. I also checked a few other theme's schedule-ui
> pages on my system (all have just been downloaded) and I can't see where the
> colours are being set. I altered the "<textarea name="status"
> from="base_textarea">" but this only changed the colour of "No Conflicts" at
> the very top. I'm pretty bad at this heh, appreciate any help..

I had been under the impression you were looking for the textarea,
sounds like you are looking for the "status" statetype instead. It's
just a basic statetype with states "disabled," "error," "warning,"
"normal," and "running." What goes in it is *somewhat* up to you, you
can copy the example found in other themes.

Robert
Re: Couple things re: Blue-Abstract-Wide [ In reply to ]
2009/11/27 Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Bobby Gill <brownitus@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I wrote Graphite, and it definitely doesn't.  ;)
>>>
>>> Are you using some non-standard repository that might have
>>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7443 applied?  Because the one I
>>> wrote sure doesn't...
>>>
>>> Robert
>>
>> Doggonit you're right, I just checked again and it actually goes back to the
>> first item on the same row. Jeez, guess being a user of 0.21 for so long
>> it's been a natural scrolling feel to do it that way. It was just out of
>> habit I thought it was doing that, sorry.
>>
>> Thanks for the link to that ticket, though, can that be applied to 0.22
>> stable or only trunk??
>>

> Thought you *just* checked it?
>
> I can't tell you want that would apply to, but regarding UI patches I
> would suggest waiting for them to get a review.
>
>> And checking the schedule-ui page I still cannot locate how to alter the
>> colour for upcoming recordings based on status (greyed out if
>> previously/currently recorded, red if conflicting, etc. as an example) for
>> the recordings in the list. I also checked a few other theme's schedule-ui
>> pages on my system (all have just been downloaded) and I can't see where the
>> colours are being set. I altered the "<textarea name="status"
>> from="base_textarea">" but this only changed the colour of "No Conflicts" at
>> the very top. I'm pretty bad at this heh, appreciate any help..
>
> I had been under the impression you were looking for the textarea,
> sounds like you are looking for the "status" statetype instead.  It's
> just a basic statetype with states "disabled," "error," "warning,"
> "normal," and "running."  What goes in it is *somewhat* up to you, you
> can copy the example found in other themes.
>
> Robert

I've made a few changes to this theme and what you are looking for is
on my list of things to do... I'll let you know when I fond out what
needs changing for this (unless you beat me to it).
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Robert McNamara
> <robert.mcnamara@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill@rogers.com> wrote:
> >> 1. In video gallery, scrolling left to right ends at the current row,
> >> doesn't continue down to the beginning of the row below like in other themes
> >> (and how I'm used to it). How can I change this in the theme (if I can)?
> >>

> > What theme does this?  There is no wrap style that scrolls to the next
> > vertical row when you move to the end of a column in a grid, and that
> > sounds like what you are asking for (and suggestng you've seen, which
> > isn't possible).
>
> I've since been told you were probably referring to pre-MythUI themes.
> So yeah, not currently possible.
>
> Robert

Hi Robert,

I have added a patch (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7443) that does that. I use it currently in mythgallery of my theme blue-abstract.
Maybe you can try it and commit it to trunk.
Lately I haven't found the time to continue working on it. At the end of december will be some spare time.

Best regards

Robert S

> I've since been told you were probably referring to pre-MythUI themes.
> So yeah, not currently possible.
>
> Sorry, I must not have described it properly. What I mean is (And I /
> just/ tried this on Graphite and btw I'm on 0.22 stable), in Video
> Gallery here's the wiki SS http://www.mythtv.org/w/images/d/db/Blue-
> abstract.png if I have scrolled to Harold & Kumar at the far right
> end of the top row, and I hit RIGHT again, it will go to Hellboy
> which is first left of the bottom row, and continue on. In BAW theme,
> I must hit DOWN to go to the bottom row and continue going LEFT to
> scroll through the row; it does not "continue" on is what I mean.
>
> Thanks for the links re: Upcoming Recordings I will have a look,
> tinker and see what I can do :)
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Hi Bob,

I have added a patch a while ago (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7443) that does that.
I use it in mythgallery in my blue-abstract theme. Check it out.
During december I will continue work on the theme

Best regards

Robert S