Mailing List Archive

Can't record Sky Open
Unable to record Sky Open (alias Prime) for a while. Do I need to retune after the recent name change? If so, can I just alter the one channel without having to do a complete rescan?

Can't record Sky Open [ In reply to ]
Sent this a few days ago but did not get my copy from the list server, so sending again in case the message went astray; apologies if you have already seen it.

Unable to record Sky Open (alias Prime) for a while. Do I need to retune after the recent name change? If so, can I just alter the one channel without having to do a complete rescan? I can get Duke+1, Sky Open+1, and Eden+1, which are on the the same transponder (12519) Have channel 1530 for Sky Open, which agrees with the LyngSat data. Any suggestions? Could my dish by very slightly out of line, so as to affect only the one channel?

Re: Can't record Sky Open [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:57:39 +1300, you wrote:

>Sent this a few days ago but did not get my copy from the list server, so sending again in case the message went astray; apologies if you have already seen it.
>
>Unable to record Sky Open (alias Prime) for a while. Do I need to retune after the recent name change? If so, can I just alter the one channel without having to do a complete rescan? I can get Duke+1, Sky Open+1, and Eden+1, which are on the the same transponder (12519) Have channel 1530 for Sky Open, which agrees with the LyngSat data. Any suggestions? Could my dish by very slightly out of line, so as to affect only the one channel?

If you have DVB-T then the best way to get Sky Open is to use the HD
DVB-T Sky Open channel. It is slightly better quality than the HD
DVB-S2 version. It is on the Kordia mux (594000 kHz for me from
Wharite), service ID 1406.

On DVB-S2, I get Sky Open from 12295, not 12519. It is service ID
1211. But that is the HD DVB-S2 encrypted version. I record all the
encrypted Sky channels with MythTV by using my Sky card in a card
reader.

There is another Sky Open on 12519 with service ID 1018, which is
unencrypted, but only SD quality - I do not have this one in my MythTV
database since I can record from the HD version of the channel.

The 1530 service ID does not currently exist on DVB-T, DVB-S or
DVB-S2. I have that listed as the old service ID for Prime on DVB-S,
before the reshuffle of channels when eden and Rush were created. The
last scan I have that shows 1530 is dated 2022-12-30. It was gone by
the next scan on 2023-02-02.

And the LyngSat data is currently all gone - it looks like they may
have just switched from the Optus D1 satellite to Optus D2, as LyngSat
says Optus D2 is now positioned at 160 degrees east, and Optus D1 is
now at 152 degrees east. When I scanned all the Sky channels again
just now, I got all the channels still reporting they are coming from
160.0 degrees east.