Mailing List Archive

No EPG data for Sky Open (Update)
Given that even freeviewnz.tv is showing no schedule data for the 2nd January
onwards for Sky Open, I suspect this is not just a my machine problem...

Thanks
--
Regards
Scott Newton

Re: No EPG data for Sky Open (Update) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 01 Jan 2024 09:49:15 +1300, you wrote:

>Given that even freeviewnz.tv is showing no schedule data for the 2nd January
>onwards for Sky Open, I suspect this is not just a my machine problem...
>
>Thanks

I am seeing the same thing. However, I do have EPG for the DVB-S2 Sky
Open channel on Sky satellite. I am going to change the xmltvid for
the FreeviewHD Sky Open channel to use the EPG data from the DVB-S2
Sky Open channel, until this gets fixed. I have put a copy of today's
DVB-S2 Sky Open EPG download on my web server here:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/skyopen.sky.co.nz.xml

It has the xmltvid as "skyopen.sky.co.nz", so to use it, you will
either need to change that in the file to whatever your Sky Open
channel is using, or change the xmltvid you are using to be
"skyopen.sky.co.nz". A command like this will do an in-place replace
on the file:

sed -i 's/skyopen.sky.co.nz/skyopen.freeviewnz.tv/g'
skyopen.sky.co.nz.xml

Then you will need to run mythfilldatabase on the file to load the EPG
data:

mythfilldatabase --file --xmlfile skyopen.sky.co.nz.xml

Re: No EPG data for Sky Open (Update) [ In reply to ]
Thanks for that. I've loaded the xml file and now have data for the next week.
Hopefully by then they will have fixed the issue.

BTW, I need to add a sourceid to the load, in my case 1 (pulled from the
channel table in the database).

mythfilldatabase --file --xmlfile skyopen.sky.co.nz.xml --sourceid 1

Thanks

Re: No EPG data for Sky Open (Update) [ In reply to ]
freeviewnz.tv is now showing schedule data for the week, so looks like it is
fixed at their end now as well.

Thanks

--
Regards
Scott Newton

Re: No EPG data for Sky Open (Update) [ In reply to ]
On 2024-01-01 20:16, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Jan 2024 09:49:15 +1300, you wrote:
>
>> Given that even freeviewnz.tv is showing no schedule data for the 2nd January
>> onwards for Sky Open, I suspect this is not just a my machine problem...
>>
>> Thanks
> I am seeing the same thing. However, I do have EPG for the DVB-S2 Sky
> Open channel on Sky satellite. I am going to change the xmltvid for
> the FreeviewHD Sky Open channel to use the EPG data from the DVB-S2
> Sky Open channel, until this gets fixed. I have put a copy of today's
> DVB-S2 Sky Open EPG download on my web server here:
>
> http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/skyopen.sky.co.nz.xml
>
> It has the xmltvid as "skyopen.sky.co.nz", so to use it, you will
> either need to change that in the file to whatever your Sky Open
> channel is using, or change the xmltvid you are using to be
> "skyopen.sky.co.nz". A command like this will do an in-place replace
> on the file:
>
> sed -i 's/skyopen.sky.co.nz/skyopen.freeviewnz.tv/g'
> skyopen.sky.co.nz.xml
>
> Then you will need to run mythfilldatabase on the file to load the EPG
> data:
>
> mythfilldatabase --file --xmlfile skyopen.sky.co.nz.xml

I use OTA data , last week Al Jazeera had no guide data for 10 days or more.
Then it came right