Mailing List Archive

Prime => Sky Open
The renaming of Prime has happened on DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-S2. The
only change is the name, all other settings remain the same:

"Prime" => "Sky Open"
"Prime HD" => "Sky Open"
"Prime +1" => "Sky Open +1"

The channel table "name", "callsign", "xmltvid" and "icon" fields need
to be updated, and the record table "station" field.

New icons can be downloaded from here:

http://freeviewnz.tv/nonumbracoimages/ChannelsOpg/SkyOpenlogo_RGB_1280X1280.jpg
http://freeviewnz.tv/nonumbracoimages/ChannelsOpg/SkyOpen_Pluslogo_RGB_1280X1280.jpg

Note that rescanning will change the channel table fields, but will
not change the record.station field to match, so all the recording
rules that use the "station" value will still need to be manually
changed. I am just manually editing the channels in mythtv-setup >
Channel Editor and then using SQL to change the record.station values
to match. For example (it may not exactly match your database):

select recordid,chanid,station,title from record where station like
'%prime%';

update record set station='Sky Open' where station='PRIME';

After making a change like that, restart mythbackend. Then re-fetch
your EPG data so it will match the changed database.

Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
Thanks for that Stephen. It does look, however, that the DVB-T epg I get
using do_mhegepgsnoop.sh still show PRIME, so have left the xmltvid at
'prime' for now.

Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 09:16:41 +1200, you wrote:

>Thanks for that Stephen. It does look, however, that the DVB-T epg I get
>using do_mhegepgsnoop.sh still show PRIME, so have left the xmltvid at
>'prime' for now.

Yes, you are right, it looks like they have missed changing the
channel name in the MHEG5 EPG data. So you either need to keep the
xmltvid set to "prime.freeviewnz.tv" (as you have done) or add a
mapping file entry (option -f) to map "PRIME" to
skyopen.freeviewnz.tv. I have added a mapping file entry:

PRIME skyopen.freeviewnz.tv

Note that there is a tab character after PRIME - it does not work if
you use spaces, as spaces can be part of the channel name.

I have not had time to test this yet.

I have signed up to the Freeview Forum and will post there once my
membership is approved - maybe Sky or Freeview staff will see that and
fix it.

On the Sky DVB-S/S2 channels, it looks like they have properly changed
the channel name in the EPG data to "Sky Open".

Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
On 24/08/23 09:16, Fritz Hildebrand wrote:
> Thanks for that Stephen. It does look, however, that the DVB-T epg I
> get using do_mhegepgsnoop.sh still show PRIME, so have left the
> xmltvid at 'prime' for now.
>
> On 23/08/2023 3:35 pm, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> The renaming of Prime has happened on DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-S2.  The
>> only change is the name, all other settings remain the same:
>>
>> "Prime" => "Sky Open"
>> "Prime HD" => "Sky Open"
>> "Prime +1" => "Sky Open +1"
>>
>> The channel table "name", "callsign", "xmltvid" and "icon" fields need
>> to be updated, and the record table "station" field.
>>
>> New icons can be downloaded from here:
>>
>> http://freeviewnz.tv/nonumbracoimages/ChannelsOpg/SkyOpenlogo_RGB_1280X1280.jpg
>>
>> http://freeviewnz.tv/nonumbracoimages/ChannelsOpg/SkyOpen_Pluslogo_RGB_1280X1280.jpg
>>

>> Note that rescanning will change the channel table fields, but will
>> not change the record.station field to match, so all the recording
>> rules that use the "station" value will still need to be manually
>> changed.  I am just manually editing the channels in mythtv-setup >
>> Channel Editor and then using SQL to change the record.station values
>> to match.  For example (it may not exactly match your database):
>>
>> select recordid,chanid,station,title from record where station like
>> '%prime%';
>>
>> update record set station='Sky Open' where station='PRIME';
>>
>> After making a change like that, restart mythbackend.  Then re-fetch
>> your EPG data so it will match the changed database.

My system is still recording this channel as usual.

I use OTA data for scheduling

-Paul

Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:33:26 +1200, you wrote:

>My system is still recording this channel as usual.
>
>I use OTA data for scheduling
>
>-Paul

Yes, the EIT EPG does not use name matching for the channels and EPG
data. It does it using the service ID values. So name changes cause
no problems for EIT.

I can now confirm I am getting the Sky Open EPG properly, by adding a
line to my channel mapping file, as in a previous post. I also had to
change my .xmltv file to change "prime.freeviewnz.tv" to
"skyopen.freeviewnz.tv". The .xmltv file is used if you are having
mythfilldatabase run by a tv_grab_nz*.py file, rather than running
mythfilldatabase directly. It is normally found in
/home/mythtv/.mythtv or /home/<mythfrontend user>/.mythtv, depending
on which user you have running the grabber. The name is:

<videosource name>.xmltv

so mine is FreeviewHD.xmltv. If you are also recording from Sky there
will be another .xmltv file for that, and also possibly another one
for recording from Freeview DVB-S.

Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
I thought that my epg had previously had data for Sky Open but today
there is nothing in

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/freeview.xml  for Sky Open (or Prime

I am a bit stuck now. Here is some supporting info if someone has any
suggestions I would appreciate help.

When I ran journalctl -eu epg

I got:-

Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4818]: Getting channel info from MythTV
database using mysql
Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4820]: mysql: [Warning] Using a password
on the command line interface can be insecure.
Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4822]: mysql: [Warning] Using a password
on the command line interface can be insecure.
Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4818]: Al Jazeera        Al Jazeera
aljazeera.freeviewnz.tv
Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4818]: Radio NZ National Radio NZ
National        rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv

etc etc etc and

Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4818]: Sky Open        Sky Open
skyopen.freeviewnz.tv

so I tried changing the xmltvid from

skyopen.freeviewnz.tv to prime.freeviewnz.tv

and doing the same in Freeview.xmltv

Now I get (when I run journalctl -eu epg)

Sep 08 16:13:35 FishMyth bash[5729]: Sky Open        Sky Open
prime.freeviewnz.tv

But no Prime or Sky Open in --- Channel Names ---

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/freeview.xml gets updated but has no reference to
prime or sky open

In mythconverg I ran

like '%prime%';
Empty set (0.01 sec)

like '%skyopen%';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

like '%sky open%';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

like '%PRIME%';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 8 Sep 2023 16:26:50 +1200, you wrote:

>I thought that my epg had previously had data for Sky Open but today
>there is nothing in
>
>/home/mythtv/.mythtv/freeview.xml  for Sky Open (or Prime
>
>I am a bit stuck now. Here is some supporting info if someone has any
>suggestions I would appreciate help.
>
>When I ran journalctl -eu epg
>
>I got:-
>
>Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4818]: Getting channel info from MythTV
>database using mysql
>Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4820]: mysql: [Warning] Using a password
>on the command line interface can be insecure.
>Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4822]: mysql: [Warning] Using a password
>on the command line interface can be insecure.
>Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4818]: Al Jazeera        Al Jazeera
>aljazeera.freeviewnz.tv
>Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4818]: Radio NZ National Radio NZ
>National        rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
>
>etc etc etc and
>
>Sep 08 15:38:03 FishMyth bash[4818]: Sky Open        Sky Open
>skyopen.freeviewnz.tv
>
>so I tried changing the xmltvid from
>
>skyopen.freeviewnz.tv to prime.freeviewnz.tv
>
>and doing the same in Freeview.xmltv
>
>Now I get (when I run journalctl -eu epg)
>
>Sep 08 16:13:35 FishMyth bash[5729]: Sky Open        Sky Open
>prime.freeviewnz.tv
>
>But no Prime or Sky Open in --- Channel Names ---
>
>/home/mythtv/.mythtv/freeview.xml gets updated but has no reference to
>prime or sky open
>
>In mythconverg I ran
>
>mysql> select recordid,chanid,station,title from record where station
>like '%prime%';
>Empty set (0.01 sec)
>
>mysql> select recordid,chanid,station,title from record where station
>like '%skyopen%';
>Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
>mysql> select recordid,chanid,station,title from record where station
>like '%sky open%';
>Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
>mysql> select recordid,chanid,station,title from record where station
>like '%PRIME%';
>Empty set (0.00 sec)

If there are no recording rules for Prime or Sky Open, do you still
have the channel for Sky Open? If the channel was deleted, then the
recording rules would also be deleted with it. And then the EPG would
not collect data for the channel either. Try this query:

select chanid,channum,sourceid,callsign,name,xmltvid,mplexid,serviceid
from channel where name like '%prime%' or name like '%sky open%' or
callsign like '%prime%' or callsign like '%sky open%' or
serviceid=1406 or xmltvid like '%prime%' or xmltvid like '%skyopen%';

I get:

+--------+---------+----------+-------------+-------------+------------------------+---------+-----------+
| chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name | xmltvid | mplexid | serviceid |
+--------+---------+----------+-------------+-------------+------------------------+---------+-----------+
| 1010 | 15 | 1 | Sky Open | Sky Open | skyopen.freeviewnz.tv | 4 | 1406 |
| 3010 | 10 | 3 | Sky Open | Sky Open | skyopen.freeviewnz.tv | 9 | 1530 |
| 10004 | 4004 | 6 | Sky Open | Sky Open | skyopen.sky.co.nz | NULL | 1211 |
| 10514 | 4514 | 6 | Sky Open +1 | Sky Open +1 | skyopenplus1.sky.co.nz | NULL | 1227 |
Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
I get:-

mysql> select
+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+---------------------+---------+-----------+
| chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name | xmltvid | mplexid |
serviceid |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+---------------------+---------+-----------+
| 10015 | 15 | 1 | Sky Open | Sky Open | prime.freeviewnz.tv | 4 | 1406

+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+---------------------+---------+-----------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)
Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
> If there are no recording rules for Prime or Sky Open, do you still
> have the channel for Sky Open?
Yes the channel works and I can set a recording manually'
> If the channel was deleted, then the recording rules would also be
> deleted with it. And then the EPG would not collect data for the
> channel either. Try this query: select
> chanid,channum,sourceid,callsign,name,xmltvid,mplexid,serviceid from
> channel where name like '%prime%' or name like '%sky open%' or
> callsign like '%prime%' or callsign like '%sky open%' or
> serviceid=1406 or xmltvid like '%prime%' or xmltvid like '%skyopen%';
> I get:
> +--------+---------+----------+-------------+-------------+------------------------+---------+-----------+
> | chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name | xmltvid | mplexid |
> serviceid |
> +--------+---------+----------+-------------+-------------+------------------------+---------+-----------+
> | 1010 | 15 | 1 | Sky Open | Sky Open | skyopen.freeviewnz.tv | 4 |
> 1406 | | 3010 | 10 | 3 | Sky Open | Sky Open | skyopen.freeviewnz.tv |
> 9 | 1530 | | 10004 | 4004 | 6 | Sky Open | Sky Open |
> skyopen.sky.co.nz | NULL | 1211 | | 10514 | 4514 | 6 | Sky Open +1 |
> Sky Open +1 | skyopenplus1.sky.co.nz | NULL | 1227 |
> +--------+---------+----------+-------------+-------------+------------------------+---------+-----------+
> 4 rows in set (0.000 sec)

This morning I edited the xmltvid and the Freeview.xmltv (back to
skyopen.freeviewnz.tv)

Now I get (when I run journalctl -eu epg)

Sep 09 11:18:16 FishMyth bash[26764]: Sky Open        Sky Open
skyopen.freeviewnz.tv

*But no Prime or Sky Open in --- Channel Names ---*

*But PRIME is there (and when I look back PRIME was there yesterday too)*

Could that be a tip?

The database query now looks similar to yours:-

mysql> select
+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+-----------------------+---------+-----------+
| chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name     |
xmltvid               | mplexid | serviceid |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+-----------------------+---------+-----------+
|  10015 | 15      |        1 | Sky Open | Sky Open |
skyopen.freeviewnz.tv |       4 |      1406 |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+-----------------------+---------+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 9 Sep 2023 11:41:23 +1200, you wrote:

>This morning I edited the xmltvid and the Freeview.xmltv (back to
>skyopen.freeviewnz.tv)
>
>Now I get (when I run journalctl -eu epg)
>
>Sep 09 11:18:16 FishMyth bash[26764]: Sky Open        Sky Open
>skyopen.freeviewnz.tv
>
>*But no Prime or Sky Open in --- Channel Names ---*
>
>*But PRIME is there (and when I look back PRIME was there yesterday too)*
>
>Could that be a tip?
>
>The database query now looks similar to yours:-
>
>mysql> select
>chanid,channum,sourceid,callsign,name,xmltvid,mplexid,serviceid from
>channel where name like '%prime%' or name like '%sky open%' or callsign
>like '%prime%' or callsign like '%sky open%' or serviceid=1406 or
>xmltvid like '%prime%' or xmltvid like '%skyopen%';
>+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+-----------------------+---------+-----------+
>| chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name     |
>xmltvid               | mplexid | serviceid |
>+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+-----------------------+---------+-----------+
>|  10015 | 15      |        1 | Sky Open | Sky Open |
>skyopen.freeviewnz.tv |       4 |      1406 |
>+--------+---------+----------+----------+----------+-----------------------+---------+-----------+
>1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The Channel Names listing is produced from the EPG data alone - there
is nothing in any configuration that can change it. It should list
all the channel names found in the EPG data. Those names then get
matched to the xmltv IDs using the mapping file first (if one is
specified), then using fuzzy matching of the names from the EPG data
to the channel names in the MythTV database. These are the relevant
sections from my log for today's EPG run:

Getting channel xmltv ids from map file
/home/stephen/bin/mhegepgsnoop_channel_map.txt
INFO CHANNEL info-channel.freeviewnz.tv
Whakaata Maori maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
PRIME skyopen.freeviewnz.tv

Getting channel info from MythTV database using Python bindings
TVNZ 1 TVNZ 1 tvnz1.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 2 TVNZ 2 tvnz2.freeviewnz.tv
Three Three three.freeviewnz.tv
Bravo Bravo bravo.freeviewnz.tv
Whakaata Maori Whakaata Maori maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 2 +1 TVNZ 2 +1 tvnz2-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 1 +1 TVNZ 1 +1 tvnz1-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
ThreePlus1 ThreePlus1 three-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
Sky Open Sky Open skyopen.freeviewnz.tv
Parliament Parliament parliament.freeviewnz.tv
ChineseTV ChineseTV chinesetv.freeviewnz.tv
Radio NZ National Radio NZ National rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
Radio NZ Concert Radio NZ Concert rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv
BaseFM BaseFM basefm.freeviewnz.tv
Bravo PLUS 1 Bravo PLUS 1 bravo-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
Firstlight Firstlight firstlight.freeviewnz.tv
Shine TV Shine TV shine.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ DUKE TVNZ DUKE tvnz-duke.freeviewnz.tv
C33 C33 c33.freeviewnz.tv
Te Reo Te Reo te-reo.freeviewnz.tv
Al Jazeera Al Jazeera aljazeera.freeviewnz.tv
HGTV HGTV hgtv.freeviewnz.tv
Hope Channel Hope Channel hope-channel.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ DUKE+1 TVNZ DUKE+1 tvnz-duke-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
CH200 CH200 ch200.freeviewnz.tv
Rush Rush rush.freeviewnz.tv
eden eden eden.freeviewnz.tv
eden+1 eden+1 eden-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
INFO CHANNEL INFO CHANNEL info-channel.freeviewnz.tv

Then later the channel names in the EPG data are:

Extracting EPG info

--- Channel Names ---
eden
Bravo
Bravo Plus 1
CH200
Parliament TV
eden+1
ChineseTV8
C33
PRIME
Firstlight
Southern TV
Al Jazeera
RadioNZ National
BaseFM
Wairarapa TV
Hope Channel
HGTV
Whakaata Maori
Te Reo
RadioNZ Concert
Shine TV
Television Hawke's Bay
TVNZ 1
TVNZ 2
TVNZ DUKE
TVNZ 1 +1
TVNZ 2 +1
TVNZ DUKE +1
Three
ThreePlus1
Rush

And then the matching is done:

Matching MHEG channels to MythTV channels using map file
"INFO CHANNEL" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "info-channel.freeviewnz.tv"
"Whakaata Maori" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv"
"PRIME" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "skyopen.freeviewnz.tv"

Fuzzy matching MHEG channels to MythTV channels
"Firstlight" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "firstlight.freeviewnz.tv"
"Hope Channel" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "hope-channel.freeviewnz.tv"
"ThreePlus1" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "three-plus1.freeviewnz.tv"
"Al Jazeera" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "aljazeera.freeviewnz.tv"
"Bravo Plus 1" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "bravo-plus1.freeviewnz.tv"
"Shine TV" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "shine.freeviewnz.tv"
"TVNZ DUKE" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "tvnz-duke.freeviewnz.tv"
"RadioNZ National" matched to MythTV xmltv ID
"rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv"
"BaseFM" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "basefm.freeviewnz.tv"
"ChineseTV8" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "chinesetv.freeviewnz.tv"
"RadioNZ Concert" matched to MythTV xmltv ID
"rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv"
"Bravo" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "bravo.freeviewnz.tv"
"CH200" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "ch200.freeviewnz.tv"
"Three" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "three.freeviewnz.tv"
"TVNZ 1" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "tvnz1.freeviewnz.tv"
"TVNZ 2" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "tvnz2.freeviewnz.tv"
"Parliament TV" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "parliament.freeviewnz.tv"
"Te Reo" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "te-reo.freeviewnz.tv"
"eden" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "eden.freeviewnz.tv"
"HGTV" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "hgtv.freeviewnz.tv"
"Rush" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "rush.freeviewnz.tv"
"TVNZ 1 +1" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "tvnz1-plus1.freeviewnz.tv"
"TVNZ 2 +1" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "tvnz2-plus1.freeviewnz.tv"
"TVNZ DUKE +1" matched to MythTV xmltv ID
"tvnz-duke-plus1.freeviewnz.tv"
"eden+1" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "eden-plus1.freeviewnz.tv"
"C33" matched to MythTV xmltv ID "c33.freeviewnz.tv"

As you can see, the EPG data is still using PRIME as the channel name
for Sky Open. So I have these lines in my channel mapping table file:

INFO CHANNEL info-channel.freeviewnz.tv
Whakaata Maori maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
PRIME skyopen.freeviewnz.tv

The last one maps PRIME to skyopen.freeviewnz.tv, which is what I have
in the channel table in the database for the Sky Open channel xmltvid.
And in my FreeviewHD.xmltv file, I have a line:

channel=skyopen.freeviewnz.tv

that permits the grabber to use the skyopen.freeviewnz.tv data.

If your "--- Channel Names ---" listing does not include PRIME, then
it would appear that your EPG data is missing that channel for some
reason. If that is the problem, try changing the multiplex that
mhegepgsnoop is getting the EPG data from. That is the "-t 5" option
on the mhegepgsnoop command line in the do_mhegepgsnoop.sh file. When
I look at mine, I have changed it to "-t 1" some time ago, so I will
be getting the EPG data from the TVNZ mux. Using "-t 5" gets the EPG
data from the Maori mux.

Re: Prime => Sky Open [ In reply to ]
This was the hint you missed from my previous post Stephen but you did
reply with the correct tips for me.

On 9/09/23 11:41, Robert Fisher wrote:

> *But no Prime or Sky Open in --- Channel Names ---*
>
> *But PRIME is there (and when I look back PRIME was there yesterday too)*

So I copied your "mappings" into my map file

but that didn't work. Then I found (in one of your previous posts)

"PRIME skyopen.freeviewnz.tv

Note that there is a tab character after PRIME - it does not work if
you use spaces, as spaces can be part of the channel name."

so I fixed that but that didn't work. Then I looked at

/usr/local/bin/do_mhegepgsnoop.sh

and changed

mhegepgsnoop.py -v -z -m"-u mythtv -pmypassword" -b -t 1 -d
/dev/dvb/adapter${ADAPTER}/demux0 -o $TEMP_FILE

mhegepgsnoop.py -v -z -m"-u mythtv -pmypassword" -b -t 1 -d
/dev/dvb/adapter${ADAPTER}/demux0 -o $TEMP_FILE -f $MAP_FILE

And all is well.

Thankyou so much for your help Stephen.