Mailing List Archive

Anyone updated to V33
Didn't even realise there had been a fresh release. V32 has been working
well of late so I hadn't been tracking changes.

Re: Anyone updated to V33 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 6 Apr 2023 17:34:00 +1200, you wrote:

>Didn't even realise there had been a fresh release. V32 has been working
>well of late so I hadn't been tracking changes.

root@mypvr:~# mythutil --version
MythTV Version : v33.1+fixes.202303301921.0682d4d42d~ubuntu22.04.1
MythTV Branch : fixes/33
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 33.20220913-1
QT Version : 5.15.3
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_satip using_vbox using_ceton
using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_gnutls
using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl
using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib
using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11 using_system_libbluray
using_system_libudfread using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_drm
using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

I believe the upgrade from v32 to v33 does not have a database schema
upgrade. Everything has been working well since I did it. It is safe
to upgrade to v33.

Re: Anyone updated to V33 [ In reply to ]
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2023 17:34:00 +1200, you wrote:
>
>> Didn't even realise there had been a fresh release. V32 has been working
>> well of late so I hadn't been tracking changes.
> root@mypvr:~# mythutil --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v33.1+fixes.202303301921.0682d4d42d~ubuntu22.04.1
> MythTV Branch : fixes/33
> Network Protocol : 91
> Library API : 33.20220913-1
> QT Version : 5.15.3
> Options compiled in:
> linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
> using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire
> using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_satip using_vbox using_ceton
> using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_gnutls
> using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl
> using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib
> using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11 using_system_libbluray
> using_system_libudfread using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
> using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
> using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_drm
> using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
> using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame
>
> I believe the upgrade from v32 to v33 does not have a database schema
> upgrade. Everything has been working well since I did it. It is safe
> to upgrade to v33.

Excellent! I was just about to inquire about any upgrade concerns

Paul

Re: Anyone updated to V33 [ In reply to ]
For those who have forgotten how to upgrade, here is what I did on my
Ubuntu backend:-

cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

sudo mv mythbuntu-ubuntu-32-jammy.list mythbuntu-ubuntu-33-jammy.list

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-ubuntu-33-jammy.list

In that file change 32 to 33

sudo systemctl stop mythtv-backend

sudo apt update

sudo apt full-upgrade

sudo apt autoremove

mythutil --version

(I did the same on my LinuxMint desktop frontend successfully too)

I hope this helps.

Rob

Re: Anyone updated to V33 [ In reply to ]
Nice clean update to both Ubuntu 22.04LTS and MythTV V33.1

Only issue was phpmyadmin and the libvirt packages we're removed by the
upgrade, and I had to recompile drivers for my TBS DVB-S2 cards.

Re: Anyone updated to V33 [ In reply to ]
On 11/04/23 10:38, OpenMedia wrote:
> Nice clean update to both Ubuntu 22.04LTS and MythTV V33.1
>
> Only issue was phpmyadmin and the libvirt packages we're removed by the
> upgrade, and I had to recompile drivers for my TBS DVB-S2 cards.
>
>> For those who have forgotten how to upgrade, here is what I did on my
>> Ubuntu backend:-
>>
>> cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
>>
>> sudo mv mythbuntu-ubuntu-32-jammy.list mythbuntu-ubuntu-33-jammy.list
>>
>> sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-ubuntu-33-jammy.list
>>
>> In that file change 32 to 33
>>
>> sudo systemctl stop mythtv-backend
>>
>> sudo apt update
>>
>> sudo apt full-upgrade
>>
>> sudo apt autoremove
>>
>> mythutil --version
>>
>> (I did the same on my LinuxMint desktop frontend successfully too)
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> On 7/04/23 09:14, Paul wrote:
>>> Excellent! I was just about to inquire about any upgrade concerns
>>
> I just upgraded using Mythbuntu Control Panel

Smooth and trouble free

-Paul

Re: Anyone updated to V33 [ In reply to ]
Updated on Arch Linux a few weeks ago.

All good, no issues - although the package in AUR is now mythtv-git.