Mailing List Archive

Possible Mythtv Android Frontend?
Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> http://www.dtvs.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products_id=103
> $399

I don't believe mythfrontend works on android.

Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
On 22 December 2013 00:02, Nick Rout <nick.rout@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> http://www.dtvs.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products_id=103
>> $399
>
> I don't believe mythfrontend works on android.

No, but Myth backend is a DLNA server, so the DLNA client in the sat
box would mean you could play myth recordings on your tv via the
network connection of the sat box.

Of course, if your tv has dlna already, you don't need this box.

Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
On 22/12/2013 12:02 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:

> I don't believe mythfrontend works on android.

"MythTV Android Frontend is the first Android Client fully endorsed by
the core MythTV Development Team."

(Google "MythTV Android Frontend")

Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On 22/12/2013 12:02 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:
>
>> I don't believe mythfrontend works on android.
>

> "MythTV Android Frontend is the first Android Client fully endorsed by the
> core MythTV Development Team."
>
> (Google "MythTV Android Frontend")

Never actually seen it work myself!

Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
On 22/12/13 17:12, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 22/12/2013 12:02 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>>> I don't believe mythfrontend works on android.
>>
>> "MythTV Android Frontend is the first Android Client fully endorsed by the
>> core MythTV Development Team."
>>
>> (Google "MythTV Android Frontend")
> Never actually seen it work myself!

Well my frontend blew up today - and this sounds like a brilliant
replacement.

http://www.dove.co.nz/products/cables-adapters-brackets-and-stands/adapters/9013

This is under $100 and if the frontend app works then it would be a
potential replacement.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
I assume the xbmc plugin would work as well...

On 22 December 2013 17:46, criggie <criggie@criggie.org.nz> wrote:

> On 22/12/13 17:12, Nick Rout wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> On 22/12/2013 12:02 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't believe mythfrontend works on android.
>>>>

>>> "MythTV Android Frontend is the first Android Client fully endorsed by
>>> the
>>> core MythTV Development Team."
>>>
>>> (Google "MythTV Android Frontend")
>>>
>> Never actually seen it work myself!
>>
>> Well my frontend blew up today - and this sounds like a brilliant
> replacement.
>
> http://www.dove.co.nz/products/cables-adapters-
> brackets-and-stands/adapters/9013
>
> This is under $100 and if the frontend app works then it would be a
> potential replacement.
>
> --
> Criggie
>
> http://criggie.org.nz/

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calvin
Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
On 22/12/2013 5:12 p.m., Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 22/12/2013 12:02 a.m., Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>>> I don't believe mythfrontend works on android.
>>

>> "MythTV Android Frontend is the first Android Client fully endorsed by the
>> core MythTV Development Team."
>>
>> (Google "MythTV Android Frontend")
>
> Never actually seen it work myself!

Try a nexus 10.... works variably though but does work some of the
time...!!! (0.25 here still though...)

Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM, criggie <criggie@criggie.org.nz> wrote:
> On 22/12/13 17:12, Nick Rout wrote:

>>> "MythTV Android Frontend is the first Android Client fully endorsed by
>>> the
>>> core MythTV Development Team."
>>>
>>> (Google "MythTV Android Frontend")
>>
>> Never actually seen it work myself!
>>
> Well my frontend blew up today - and this sounds like a brilliant
> replacement.
>
> http://www.dove.co.nz/products/cables-adapters-brackets-and-stands/adapters/9013
>
> This is under $100 and if the frontend app works then it would be a
> potential replacement.

Not all android boxes are created equal. I wouldn't count on any
particular one working for any particular multimedia software without
either getting the go ahead from someone with the same hardware, or
being prepared to spend the money and try it out.

You'd be far better with a Raspberry Pi running xbmc. At least you
know it'll work and do mpeg2.

Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 17:46:42 +1300, you wrote:

>On 22/12/13 17:12, Nick Rout wrote:

>>> "MythTV Android Frontend is the first Android Client fully endorsed by the
>>> core MythTV Development Team."
>>>
>>> (Google "MythTV Android Frontend")
>> Never actually seen it work myself!
>>
>Well my frontend blew up today - and this sounds like a brilliant
>replacement.
>
>http://www.dove.co.nz/products/cables-adapters-brackets-and-stands/adapters/9013
>

>This is under $100 and if the frontend app works then it would be a
>potential replacement.

I think I remember someone saying that a WiFi connection was not quite
good enough to play HD programmes.

Re: Possible Mythtv Android Frontend? [ In reply to ]
> I think I remember someone saying that a WiFi connection was not quite
> good enough to play HD programmes
I'd care, if I ever watched TV. Ours is almost exclusively kids
programming and the odd movie, and I haven't watched any for over a year.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/