Mailing List Archive

NUVExport Problems (and maybe record options?)
I've been trying to archive some older recordings, and have been using
nuvexport to change the mythtv files into standard DVD Mpeg format using
nuvexport-dvd.

The problem seems to be that when I export the video the audio stream
comes with left channel only audio. Running nuvinfo on the same file shows:

info for: /mnt/media/7_20060910192700.nuv

aspect: 4:3
aspect_f: 1.33333333333333
audio_bits_per_sample: 16
audio_channels: 2
audio_compression_ratio: 0
audio_quality: 0
audio_sample_rate: 44100
audio_type: RAWA
audioblocks: -1
desiredheight: 0
desiredwidth: 0
finfo: MythTVVideo
fps: 25
height: 480
keyframeadjust_offset: 0
keyframedist: 30
lavc_bitrate: 0
lavc_maxqdiff: 0
lavc_qmax: 0
lavc_qmin: 0
pimode: P
rtjpeg_chroma_filter: 0
rtjpeg_luma_filter: 0
rtjpeg_quality: 170
seektable_offset: -278318204
textsblocks: -1
version: 0.07
video_type: RJPG
videoblocks: -1
width: 480

I only play back the shows through a mono TV, so have no way of telling
if the file is or is not being recorded in stereo, but according to the
settings for the scheduled recording, and then looking these up in the
recording profiles it says that the audio is being encoded to Mp3 at
sample rate 32000, quality 7 and volume 90% (also the figures for the
video height and width disturb me a little, I'm quite interested to know
if it is worth changing them to record at PAL standard resolution,
720x576 for high quality recordings) which doesn't agree with what the
nuvinfo is telling me above (auto transcoding is disabled for all
profiles on my system).

Playing back the encoded file in mplayer (or xine or vlc) only produces
the left channel audio, although mplayer's output shows:

Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 256.0 kbit/16.67% (ratio: 32000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)

Does anyone have any clues as to what may be going on?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: NUVExport Problems (and maybe record options?) [ In reply to ]
OK, since I first sent this I've gained a little more info on the file.

I installed a copy of mplayer with nuv file support on my desktop and
copied the same nuv file I had tried to export across to this machine.

I then ran mplayer on the file and got the following output:

Playing 7_20060910192700.nuv.
NuppelVideo file format detected.
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1411.2 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 176400->176400)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffnuv] vfm: ffmpeg (NuppelVideo)
AO: [oss] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 480 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar I420 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 480x480 => 480x480 Planar I420

Which is strange, because it means that it doesn't correspond to what
the recording settings in myth are, especially since the audio is
uncompressed PCM rather than Mp3 as set in the recording settings, but
at least these are in sync with what the nuvinfo returns. The right
channel audio is still missing however (or at least there is no tv audio
on it).

Any ideas?

Andrew