(according to top %MEM).

I'm going to set my DVB card back to a higher priority and see how it goes...

- Wade

RE: Mythbackend NO crashes [ In reply to ]
>Well, I've just done a 3 hour DVB recording off TV One using the
>12671 transponder, and mythbackend was very well behaved. No swap
>used and at the end of it all mythbackend is using less than 4%
>(according to top %MEM).

Yes, me too, just turned my card back on and recorded two programs at once,
one on pvr150 and one on DVB.
Mythbackend memory usage actually went down during the course of the
recording.

Fingers crossed, I'll know for sure tonight at 6pm when we record two
channels at once while watching something else on the frontend as this is
generally the most stress it gets put under.

Toby

Re: Mythbackend NO crashes [ In reply to ]
At 11:55 a.m. 13/09/2006, you wrote:
>Well, I've just done a 3 hour DVB recording off TV One using the 12671
>transponder, and mythbackend was very well behaved. No swap used and at
>the end of it all mythbackend is using less than 4% (according to top %MEM).
>I'm going to set my DVB card back to a higher priority and see how it goes...

Same here, two hours of Coro in a single entry, rather than four or five.
(I wasn't kidding about taping Coro. It keeps Mum happy.) It would seem
that TVNZ's feed is back to normal on 12671, dunno about the others.

--
Alan Podjursky ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth

Re: Mythbackend NO crashes [ In reply to ]
AlanP wrote:
> At 11:55 a.m. 13/09/2006, you wrote:
>>Well, I've just done a 3 hour DVB recording off TV One using the 12671
>>transponder, and mythbackend was very well behaved. No swap used and at
>>the end of it all mythbackend is using less than 4% (according to top
>> %MEM).
>>I'm going to set my DVB card back to a higher priority and see how it
>> goes...
>
> Same here, two hours of Coro in a single entry, rather than four or five.
> (I wasn't kidding about taping Coro. It keeps Mum happy.) It would seem
> that TVNZ's feed is back to normal on 12671, dunno about the others.

So what have you all changed then?

Steve

Re: Mythbackend NO crashes [ In reply to ]
>AlanP wrote:
>> At 11:55 a.m. 13/09/2006, you wrote:
>>>Well, I've just done a 3 hour DVB recording off TV One using the 12671
>>>transponder, and mythbackend was very well behaved. No swap used and at
>>>the end of it all mythbackend is using less than 4% (according to top
>>> %MEM).
>>>I'm going to set my DVB card back to a higher priority and see how it
>>> goes...
>>
>> Same here, two hours of Coro in a single entry, rather than four or five.
>> (I wasn't kidding about taping Coro. It keeps Mum happy.) It would seem
>> that TVNZ's feed is back to normal on 12671, dunno about the others.
>
>So what have you all changed then?
>
>Steve

The only things I've done that should affect this are:

1. When the problems were happening, I set my DVB card to priority -1
so it wouldn't get used.
2. Last night I set it back to priority 4 so it would be used
whenever possible.

I have however installed Xine from Livna, and w32codecs so I can get
MythVideo working with the recordings I archive with nuvexport. But
that should not affect DVB recordings as far as I can tell.

- Wade

RE: Mythbackend NO crashes [ In reply to ]
>So what have you all changed then?

Absolutely nothing on my part.
All I did was turn off DVB when it started happening, and I've just turned
it on again after the report it was working again.

Toby