Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
> And with hiss and a rush it's out... just need the ebuild for my Gentoo boxn
> and I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

Thanks for the heads up, and I've added it to the
http://www.mythtv.co.nz news page.

The build for myPVR is running in the background. The 0.19-fixes release
was looking good so I'll probably push that out to customers while I
finish all of the integration testing for 0.20.

Steve

--
Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 21:38 +1200, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
> And with hiss and a rush it's out... just need the ebuild for my Gentoo boxn
> and I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

I told my wife the bad news last night.

She isn't looking forward to the broken MythTV box while I upgrade and
get it working. :)

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz | This space intentionally

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
On 12/09/06, Andrew Ruthven <andrew@etc.gen.nz> wrote:
> I told my wife the bad news last night.
>
> She isn't looking forward to the broken MythTV box while I upgrade and
> get it working. :)

Please let us how it goes, so we can be saved similar fates from our
other halves :-P

-- simon

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
At 08:56 a.m. 12/09/2006, you wrote:
>I told my wife the bad news last night.
>She isn't looking forward to the broken MythTV box while I upgrade and
>get it working. :)

Let me know if it fixes these DVB-S crashes we've been having.

>--
>Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
>At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz | This space intentionally

--
Alan Podjursky ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 21:38 +1200, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
>
>> And with hiss and a rush it's out... just need the ebuild for my Gentoo boxn
>> and I know what I'll be doing this weekend...
>>

> I told my wife the bad news last night.
>
> She isn't looking forward to the broken MythTV box while I upgrade and
> get it working. :)

Hmm. Proving to be an interesting build given the changes..

Steve

RE: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
>Let me know if it fixes these DVB-S crashes we've been having.

Yes, I'd be really keen to know if it does fix the DVB issues.
Looking at the release notes it lists "Multiple Memory Leak Fixes"

Which does sound promising :)

Toby

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 10:17 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> >
> > I told my wife the bad news last night.
> >
> > She isn't looking forward to the broken MythTV box while I upgrade and
> > get it working. :)
> >
> Hmm. Proving to be an interesting build given the changes..

Oh oh...

I won't know immediately if the DVB-S issues are fixed. Currently my
backend is too far away from the satellite dish (and I haven't run the
new cable yet).

I'll be able to upgrade a backend using DVB-S soonish, but probably not
for another week or so.

Cheers!

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> I told my wife the bad news last night.
> She isn't looking forward to the broken MythTV box while I upgrade and
> get it working. :)

Does your mythbox work fine at the moment? Leave it for a month or so
before doing anything.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/
http://www.avonside.school.nz/

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
Criggie wrote:
> Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>> I told my wife the bad news last night.
>> She isn't looking forward to the broken MythTV box while I upgrade and
>> get it working. :)
>
> Does your mythbox work fine at the moment? Leave it for a month or so
> before doing anything.

The big rush for 0.20 is the extra DVB support, especially MHEG-5. If you
don't need it don't rush as a lot has changed under the hood. Almost got
my lab build working now, but it has been a real pain. Building 0.19-fixes
was so painless in comparison.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales - sales@openmedia.co.nz
support - support@openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz
phone - +64 21 321673

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
Well interestingly my backend is stable now i.e not consuming more memory....
thought I noticed this last night but just checking now it's good...

Might hold off the upgrade till next week or so...

Tim

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 10:29, Toby Mills wrote:
> >Let me know if it fixes these DVB-S crashes we've been having.
>
> Yes, I'd be really keen to know if it does fix the DVB issues.
> Looking at the release notes it lists "Multiple Memory Leak Fixes"
>
> Which does sound promising :)
>
> Toby

Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: MythTV 0.20 OUT!!! [ In reply to ]
On 9/12/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> Well interestingly my backend is stable now i.e not consuming more memory....
> thought I noticed this last night but just checking now it's good...

That's what I thought I was seeing today, but I wasn't sure. Thanks
for the confirm.

Steve