Any special sort of cable should be used for that distance?

Thanks
Yuri

RE: Best type of video cable for 30m run [ In reply to ]
>Does anybody know what is the best way to get a video signal from, say, a
myth box (or sky decoder or DVD player) to a plasma TV or >projector about
30 metres away? eg RCA (composite), s-video, RF (75ohm coax), DVI?

I think you will be lucky to get DVI to work over that distance.
You could use an s-video cable which would probably give you the best
picture over that range but the cable will be expensive.
We use a very high grade coax in commercial applications over 3 or 4 times
that distance using composite and its usually fine.
You may have a problem if your projector power socket has a different earth
point but this is unusualy in most homes.

Regards
Toby Mills
www.np.co.nz

Re: Best type of video cable for 30m run [ In reply to ]
On 11/09/06, Toby Mills wrote:
> >Does anybody know what is the best way to get a video signal from, say, a
> myth box (or sky decoder or DVD player) to a plasma TV or >projector about
> 30 metres away? eg RCA (composite), s-video, RF (75ohm coax), DVI?
>
> I think you will be lucky to get DVI to work over that distance.
> You could use an s-video cable which would probably give you the best
> picture over that range but the cable will be expensive.
> We use a very high grade coax in commercial applications over 3 or 4 times
> that distance using composite and its usually fine.

I believe my colleague may be sourcing some coax stuff.

> You may have a problem if your projector power socket has a different earth
> point but this is unusualy in most homes.

What if we leave one end of the shielding floating (only earth the other end)?

Thanks
Yuri