Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales - sales@openmedia.co.nz
support - support@openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz
phone - +64 21 321673

Re: LIRC codes for Zenith Sky Boxes amongst others [ In reply to ]
Try this. I used to have a Zenith, but it had a faulty Scart output so
Sky replaced it with a Motorola DTH335-4. It uses the same remote.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: LIRC codes for Zenith Sky Boxes amongst others [ In reply to ]
I will try this when i get a chance as I have a zenith box. Cheers. Nick.

Re: LIRC codes for Zenith Sky Boxes amongst others [ In reply to ]
Nick Rout wrote:
> I will try this when i get a chance as I have a zenith box. Cheers. Nick.

Hey Nick - Do you use a PVR150 or a PVR500 card with your Zenith box and
if so do you use composite or SVIDEO. I'd be interested on the quality of
the signal you are getting off this unit.

Re: LIRC codes for Zenith Sky Boxes amongst others [ In reply to ]
Nick Rout wrote:
> I will try this when i get a chance as I have a zenith box. Cheers. Nick.
>
> On 1:12 pm 09/11/06 "Steve Hodge" <stevehodge@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Try this. I used to have a Zenith, but it had a faulty Scart output so
>> Sky replaced it with a Motorola DTH335-4. It uses the same remote.

FYI these is a thread on this at
http://forums.oztivo.net/archive/index.php?t-564.html. Is there any chance
the DTH335-4 and DTH355 use the same codes as I can't find a DTH-335
codeset.

Now the tivo team have a code set at ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install/
for the Zenith box, but I have no idea on how to turn this into an lirc
compatible file.

You might also wasnt to take a look at
http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Hardware

Steve

Re: LIRC codes for Zenith Sky Boxes amongst others [ In reply to ]
On 9/11/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> FYI these is a thread on this at http://forums.oztivo.net/archive/index.php?t-564.html.
> Is there any chance the DTH335-4 and DTH355 use the same codes as

That link you gave has a post that says the DTH325, DTH335, and DTH310
all use the same remote codes. So I wouldn't be suprised if the DTH355
also uses the same codes.

> I can't find a DTH-335 codeset.

Did that one I posted not work?

Steve

Re: LIRC codes for Zenith Sky Boxes amongst others [ In reply to ]
Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 9/11/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
>> FYI these is a thread on this at
>> http://forums.oztivo.net/archive/index.php?t-564.html.
>> Is there any chance the DTH335-4 and DTH355 use the same codes as
>
> That link you gave has a post that says the DTH325, DTH335, and DTH310
> all use the same remote codes. So I wouldn't be suprised if the DTH355
> also uses the same codes.
>
>> I can't find a DTH-335 codeset.
>
> Did that one I posted not work?

Ah cheers. I didn't notice your attachment, whoops :)

So i take it you didn't think much of the Zenith then. Did if have SVideo
or just composite out as capturing composite on a PVR-500 card has some
horrible diagonal banding in the picture.

Steve

Re: LIRC codes for Zenith Sky Boxes amongst others [ In reply to ]
On 9/11/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> So i take it you didn't think much of the Zenith then. Did if have SVideo
> or just composite out as capturing composite on a PVR-500 card has some
> horrible diagonal banding in the picture.

It's got two scart outputs (no separate svideo). One day I tried
connecting everything via svideo using scart<->svideo adapters and
found that one of the outputs didn't work properly. So Sky replaced it
(I was kinda of hoping they'd give us a Pace, but no luck). The
replacement DTH335 also doesn't have a separate svideo but the two
scart outputs work properly. There was a visible improvement going
from component to svideo, and both the old Zenith and the new Motorola
have reasonable picture quality through my PVR150 - certainly better
than I've ever managed via the tuner.

I've heard you can get component video out of them now, but since I
only ever watch via MythTV I haven't got around to trying it. I've
never seen a reasonably priced component capture card unfortunately.

Cheers,
Steve