Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Mythbackend crashes [ In reply to ]
On 9/8/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> I'm sure if there are small but noticeable glitches on Sky boxes our mythtv
> setup will clean some of it up and we may see a picture that look's pretty
> damn good... but could still cause a memory leak or something that is causing
> us these headaches.

Myth isn't doing any post-processing to clean up video. Especially not
in the recording path. That sort of thing is fairly CPU intensive and
if it existed it would be optional, probably implemented as a filter.
For cards with hardware encoders such as PVR150s and for DVB cards
Myth does very little when recording - really just writing the data to
disk (thus the low CPU requirements for those cards).

Steve