http://mythblasterz.gotdns.com/
--
Craig Appleton
Re: MythTV IRblaster [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:19:15 +1200
"Craig Appleton" <c.g.appleton@gmail.com> wrote:

> New site to purchase IRblaster for myth.
>
> http://mythblasterz.gotdns.com/
> --
> Craig Appleton

Chhers.

Now how do i identify what lircd.conf to use for my sky box? It is quite an old one. It has "Zenith" on the front of the sky box. There are no identifying marks at all on the remote. What other info do people need to help me out?

Re: MythTV IRblaster [ In reply to ]
On Monday 04 September 2006 9:19 pm, Craig Appleton wrote:
> New site to purchase IRblaster for myth.
>
> http://mythblasterz.gotdns.com/

Maybe I should look into this.
Just kicked myself as I sat down to watch last night's World Basketball final.
Manually recorded the wrong sky channel.

Re: MythTV IRblaster [ In reply to ]
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/zenith/ I guess it would be one of
these. But without any idenifying serial numbers I would try each one until
i found one that works.

On 04/09/06, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:19:15 +1200
> "Craig Appleton" <c.g.appleton@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > New site to purchase IRblaster for myth.
> >
> > http://mythblasterz.gotdns.com/
> > --
> > Craig Appleton
> >

> Chhers.
>
> Now how do i identify what lircd.conf to use for my sky box? It is quite
> an old one. It has "Zenith" on the front of the sky box. There are no
> identifying marks at all on the remote. What other info do people need to
> help me out?

Craig Appleton
Email: c.g.appleton@gmail.com
Phone: +64 27 472 9531
MSN Messenger: c_g_appleton@hotmail.com
Re: MythTV IRblaster [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:57:11 +1200
Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> On Monday 04 September 2006 9:19 pm, Craig Appleton wrote:
> > New site to purchase IRblaster for myth.
> >
> > http://mythblasterz.gotdns.com/
>
> Maybe I should look into this.
> Just kicked myself as I sat down to watch last night's World Basketball final.
> Manually recorded the wrong sky channel.

My wife forgot to change channels on the sky box before she went to bed before the rugby 2 saturdays ago. woke up to a 2 1/2 hour recording of the living channel. GRRRR.

If you are recording off the sky box and don't have a blaster going, its worth remebering the sky "booking" system. Hit the O button in the EPG and it books the programme, it changes to that channel 5 minutes beforehand.

Doesn't help if someone has left the box on mute though.

Re: MythTV IRblaster [ In reply to ]
I disable the mute button on the remote with a bit of insulation tape over
the lower volume and mute microswitches in the remote so only the TV can be
muted not the decoder.

Re: MythTV IRblaster [ In reply to ]
On Monday 04 September 2006 10:11 pm, Nick Rout wrote:

> Doesn't help if someone has left the box on mute though.

I also does not help the programming if friends come around and the wine
starts flowing.

Rob

Re: MythTV IRblaster [ In reply to ]
Well yes I had the same problem although due to tiredness not intoxication.
Im now updating the listings and descriptions with xmltvnz from reven
interactive. It gets the listings and more importantly the correct times
from sky website. Because its a windows program it tends to lock up every
now and then but its better than nothing (reminds me why I run linux - every
program on windows used to do that now that i think about it)
http://www.reven.co.nz/ it will run on linux with mono.