Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
On 8/3/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> I can't seem to get any picture in the new transponder TVNZ is transmitting
> on, I get the guide data but no picture, the OSD displays no lock and a low
> signal level but when I scan the transponders it's up around 85%...

What new transponder is that?

Steve

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
Optus B1 160E The TVNZ channels have left 12456 V, now only on 12483 V.

I've tuned 12483 etc and get guide data but no picture... used to be OK...

Tim

On Thursday 03 August 2006 19:28, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 8/3/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> > I can't seem to get any picture in the new transponder TVNZ is
> > transmitting on, I get the guide data but no picture, the OSD displays no
> > lock and a low signal level but when I scan the transponders it's up
> > around 85%...
>
> What new transponder is that?
>
> Steve

Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
>Optus B1 160E The TVNZ channels have left 12456 V, now only on 12483 V.
>
>I've tuned 12483 etc and get guide data but no picture... used to be OK...
>
>Tim

12483 and 12456 died for me about a week ago. They can be used with
dvbstream and mplayer, but not MythTV. I switched to 12671 V (Sky's
unencrypted versions of One and TV2 are at that transponder) and
that's been fine.

Give it a try...

- Wade

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
me grumpy...

just tried the Sky transponder and no different.... it wasn't broke so why oh
why did they fiddle...

Tim

On Thursday 03 August 2006 19:53, Wade Maxfield wrote:
> >Optus B1 160E The TVNZ channels have left 12456 V, now only on 12483 V.
> >
> >I've tuned 12483 etc and get guide data but no picture... used to be OK...
> >
> >Tim
>
> 12483 and 12456 died for me about a week ago. They can be used with
> dvbstream and mplayer, but not MythTV. I switched to 12671 V (Sky's
> unencrypted versions of One and TV2 are at that transponder) and
> that's been fine.
>
> Give it a try...
>
> - Wade

Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
> me grumpy...
>
> just tried the Sky transponder and no different.... it wasn't broke so why oh
> why did they fiddle...

The word on the street is the got off 12456 so canwest could start
trials in the near future....

:D

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
On 8/3/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> Optus B1 160E The TVNZ channels have left 12456 V, now only on 12483 V.
>
> I've tuned 12483 etc and get guide data but no picture... used to be OK...

I've figured out what has happened. TVNZ have just moved the feed that
used to go to 12456 to 12483. So all the service pids on 12483 have
changed to the ones that used to appear on 12456. Probably all you
need to do is to change the service pid for One to 1035 and 2 to 1036
on the 12483 mplex. I did this directly in the database and it works
fine now. You could probably also fix it by doing a rescan in
mythtv-setup.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
Well I'm still having problems...

I've got all the channels working off mplexid 3 but there no guide data, if I
set up all available mplex's I get guide data on mplexid 5 and 6 but no video
or audio...

I've deleted all channels of the DVB card input and let myth rescan the card
but I always end up in the same mess. Problem is that even though the
stations have the same ID and I'm using the hairy.geek.nz (thanks...) feed to
fill the database for my 150mce if the 150 is busy myth won't pick up the dvb
card to record something...

Baaaahhhhhh
Tim

On Saturday 05 August 2006 13:06, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 8/3/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> > Optus B1 160E The TVNZ channels have left 12456 V, now only on 12483 V.
> >
> > I've tuned 12483 etc and get guide data but no picture... used to be
> > OK...
>
> I've figured out what has happened. TVNZ have just moved the feed that
> used to go to 12456 to 12483. So all the service pids on 12483 have
> changed to the ones that used to appear on 12456. Probably all you
> need to do is to change the service pid for One to 1035 and 2 to 1036
> on the 12483 mplex. I did this directly in the database and it works
> fine now. You could probably also fix it by doing a rescan in
> mythtv-setup.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
>Well I'm still having problems...

>I've got all the channels working off mplexid 3 but there no guide data, if

>set up all available mplex's I get guide data on mplexid 5 and 6 but no
video

>or audio...

>I've deleted all channels of the DVB card input and let myth rescan the
card

>but I always end up in the same mess. Problem is that even though the

>stations have the same ID and I'm using the hairy.geek.nz (thanks...) feed

>fill the database for my 150mce if the 150 is busy myth won't pick up the
dvb

>card to record something...

You need to use mplexid3, then run mythfilldatabase twice with the same xml
file, but using the card number for the DVB card instead of the 150. Mine
looks like this:

mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 latest.xml --update

mythfilldatabase --file 5 -1 latest.xml --update

My cards are 1 and 5.

Nick

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
Nick

Thanks for that... my cards are 1 (150) and 3 (dvb) but why... I mean it was
getting the guide data nicely before... but I suppose it's progress
especially now that the TVNZ Wide is screwy on my 4x3 TV and I can't get
guide data as easy as I did....

I should quit complaining cause it's free...

Tim

--
Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
On 8/23/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> Well I'm still having problems...
>
> I've got all the channels working off mplexid 3 but there no guide data, if I
> set up all available mplex's I get guide data on mplexid 5 and 6 but no video
> or audio...

I don't know off hand what those mplexids correspond to, but probably
what is happening is this:
mplexid 3 is the TVNZ feed. It has no guide data.
mplexid 5 and 6 are Sky feeds. There is guide data but you won't be
able to get the channels because they are encrypted.
There is a Sky mplex with unecrypted One and 2 and guide data on 12671 V.

What I do is use the TVNZ feed for One, 2 and the other channels they
offer, but use 12671 for the guide data, which I capture using
tv_grab_dvb and load using mythfilldatabase for both DVB and non-DVB
channels. I don't use Myth's EIT stuff at all.

> I've deleted all channels of the DVB card input and let myth rescan the card
> but I always end up in the same mess. Problem is that even though the
> stations have the same ID and I'm using the hairy.geek.nz (thanks...) feed to
> fill the database for my 150mce if the 150 is busy myth won't pick up the dvb
> card to record something...

Make sure you have the callsigns and channel numbers identical for the
different copies of each channel, and that the guide data for all
copies is correctly loaded. E.g. in the channel table you should have
something like:
chanid, sourceid, channum, callsign, name, mplexid, frequency
1001, 1, 1, One, One (DVB), 3,
2001, 2, 1, One, One (Tuner), , <freq>

I think you've probably got that right. But you also need the guide
data right. The scheduler can only record a program on a particular
channel if that program appears in the guide data for that channel,
even if the there is another channel with the same callsign. So if you
have EPG data for channel Y, but not X, then the scheduler won't be
able to use the DVB card to record channel One when the PVR150 is in
use.

To fix this you have two options: either get the DVB card receiving
EPG data or use hairy.geek.nz for both the DVB card and the PVR150. If
you get EPG data using the DVB card I'd also recommend using that data
for both the DVB card and the PVR150 as you don't want any differences
in EPG data between "identical" channels. What I would do first is to
get everything working using hairy.geek.nz and then try tv_grab_dvb
later. Essentially you just download the xml file once and then load
it via mythfilldatabase twice, once for each source, e.g. something
like:
<whatever you use to get the file>
mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 latestlistings.xml
mythfilldatabase --file 2 -1 latestlistings.xml

The --file X option tells mythfilldatabase which source to load data for.

If you start using tv_grab_dvb you can just replace what you use to
download the file from hairy.geek.nz with that.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
On 8/23/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> Thanks for that... my cards are 1 (150) and 3 (dvb) but why... I mean it was
> getting the guide data nicely before...

TVNZ used to have a guide data feed, but it disappeared after the
recent changes. But you're still less likely to have hard to find
problems if you use one source of EPG data, so I use the Sky feed for
everything.

Steve

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
Steve

Thanks for that...

I've been using the hairy feed for my 150mce since the machines birth, and
when you said the TVNZ feed's don't have guide data now well did I role my
eye's... so now I've a cron job running each day that executes a bash script
that downloads, uncompresses and fills the database (was once now twice for
the two cards).

Hope to go back to eit though...

Tim

Regards
Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson
ICQ - 2207616

Re: New TVNZ Satellite Problem [ In reply to ]
On 8/23/06, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson <tim_donna@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> Hope to go back to eit though...

You can do that using tv_grab_dvb - that's what I'm doing. I stopped
using Myth's EIT stuff during the winter olympics when I discovered
that their feed and Sky's are not exactly the same - I was missing
stuff because the names would be slightly different between the two.

Steve