only transmitting via the 12483 transponder.

We will also be losing Nasa TV at this time.

:D

Re: FYI: TVNZ Optus B1 Changes. [ In reply to ]
Drew wrote:
> Early next week TVNZ will be switching off the 12456 transponder and
> only transmitting via the 12483 transponder.
>
> We will also be losing Nasa TV at this time.

Oh also next year when freeview goes active TV1, TV2, and TV3 are
probably going to be widescreen.

:D

Re: FYI: TVNZ Optus B1 Changes. [ In reply to ]
On 21/07/06, Drew <talk@mr.geek.nz> wrote:
> Oh also next year when freeview goes active TV1, TV2, and TV3 are
> probably going to be widescreen.

About freaking time I say[1]. I assume they will be wide screen only
on the free view (maybe sky tv) platform, or will they be wide screen
on analogue too?

-- simon

[1] says someone who has had a widescreen tv for five years

Re: FYI: TVNZ Optus B1 Changes. [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:34:03 +1200
Simon Green wrote:

> On 21/07/06, Drew <talk@mr.geek.nz> wrote:
> > Oh also next year when freeview goes active TV1, TV2, and TV3 are
> > probably going to be widescreen.
>
> About freaking time I say[1]. I assume they will be wide screen only
> on the free view (maybe sky tv) platform, or will they be wide screen
> on analogue too?
>
> -- simon
>
> [1] says someone who has had a widescreen tv for five years

and someone who has had one for 5 weeks.

Frankly I am better off downloading brit and us shows in widescreen via
bittorrent than watching them from sky or tvnz at 4:3

/me mumbles off to look for Rome season torrent...

--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>

Re: FYI: TVNZ Optus B1 Changes. [ In reply to ]
On 7/21/06, Drew <talk@mr.geek.nz> wrote:
> Drew wrote:
> > Early next week TVNZ will be switching off the 12456 transponder and
> > only transmitting via the 12483 transponder.
> >
> > We will also be losing Nasa TV at this time.
>
> Oh also next year when freeview goes active TV1, TV2, and TV3 are
> probably going to be widescreen.

Any word on surround sound or even AC3?

Steve

Re: FYI: TVNZ Optus B1 Changes. [ In reply to ]
On 7/21/06, Drew <talk@mr.geek.nz> wrote:
> Early next week TVNZ will be switching off the 12456 transponder and
> only transmitting via the 12483 transponder.

I'm currently not able to tune to anything on 12456 or 12483, is that
others are seeing? Sky have One and 2 unscrambled on 12671, so I'm
using that now.

Steve

Re: FYI: TVNZ Optus B1 Changes. [ In reply to ]
>On 7/21/06, Drew <talk@mr.geek.nz> wrote:
>>Early next week TVNZ will be switching off the 12456 transponder and
>>only transmitting via the 12483 transponder.
>
>I'm currently not able to tune to anything on 12456 or 12483, is that
>others are seeing? Sky have One and 2 unscrambled on 12671, so I'm
>using that now.
>
>Steve

Ahhh. That might explain why one of my recordings last night
produced an empty file.

I've had a quick play just now, and I can get 12456 and 12483
working with dvbstream and mplayer, but not in MythTV. Myth just
pops up an error about not having gotten a lock, and says I can try
another channel or wait a bit longer. Switching to 12671 seems to be
working like you found.

Cheers for the heads up.

- Wade