Mailing List Archive

Setting up guide data and filling db
I'm having some trouble getting the guide data to work with my setup.

I've followed a few sets of instructions, each time with no success.

I have the guide data in an xml file and am manually filling the
database. During the setup process I can exit the mythtv-setup program,
fill the data base and then resume at section 4. I can then see that
the channels have been populated, and edit the settings (like channel
images, etc). This all seems to work fine and I can watch Live TV fine.

But I can't see the program guide data in myth at all to schedule
recordings. I've speant a lot of time mucking around trying to get this
to work, including dumping the entire database and starting again
several times but to no success (although I believe I may be getting
closer).

Andrew Bruce

PS - I'm using a BT848 based card at this stage, but I followed both the
guide on the gentoo-wiki and on
http://zaf.geek.nz/projects/mythtv/mythtv-howto-step-3.php (suited to
PVR500 cards) but with little success - more with the PVR500 guide than
the Gentoo guide however.

Re: Setting up guide data and filling db [ In reply to ]
Andrew Bruce wrote:
... But I can't see the program guide data in myth at all to schedule
> recordings. I've speant a lot of time mucking around trying to get this
> to work, including dumping the entire database and starting again
> several times but to no success (although I believe I may be getting
> closer).

check in mythtv-setup --> 5. Channel Editor that each channel has a string
for "XMLTV ID" I use hairy.geek and for example TV3 reads
"1035.dvb.guide"

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/
http://www.avonside.school.nz/

Re: Setting up guide data and filling db [ In reply to ]
What what the address for the hairy.geek epg be (send it to me offlist if you wish).

I've been having no success with using the file generated by xmlTVNZ :(

Andrew

Andrew Bruce wrote: ... But I can't see the program guide data in myth at all to schedule
_______________________________________________ mythtvnz mailing list mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/mythtvnz Archives http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/