Not quite sure what you could use the cash drawer for...

--
Criggie

Re: Frontend box [ In reply to ]
Criggie wrote:

>I've just seen a wickedly cool box which could be a frontend for myth.
>
>http://www.graysonline.co.nz/lot.asp?LOT_ID=739500
>
>Eden Via 1GHz, built-in LCD touch screen, etc etc.
>Currently in the $200-$300 range. Closes tomorrow at 4 PM NZ time
>
>Not quite sure what you could use the cash drawer for...

Ah.. now you can charge your kids for watching TV

Steve

Re: Frontend box [ In reply to ]
On 5/11/06, Criggie <criggie@criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I've just seen a wickedly cool box which could be a frontend for myth.

Hmm, perfect for the toilet :-)

> http://www.graysonline.co.nz/lot.asp?LOT_ID=739500
>
> Eden Via 1GHz, built-in LCD touch screen, etc etc.

Touch screens currently don't work well with MythTV because the UI
doesn't actually handle mouse interactions (i.e. the menu buttons are
not real buttons you can click on). There might be some work going on
in this area though.

Steve