Mailing List Archive

0.19 / mythfilldatabase / time screwup
I've just upgraded to 0.19, and now my guide has gone kaboom. I'm
using a DVB-S card to grab the xml (using the guide at pvr.geek.nz)
then using

mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 2 -1 /tmp/listings-latest.xml

to load the guide data. Has been working fine since xmas with 0.18.
I upgraded to 0.19 (using atrpms) yesterday, and today I noticed the
program guide was looking a little screwy. So I emptied the table
and ran the script to grab the xml and load it, so I now have a clean
set of data. Looking through the data it's all out by 12 hours.
Stuff that should be on 7pm sat, is appearing at 7am sun. Looking
at the raw xml I can see the original timestamp and it's correct, it
just what appears in the database that is wrong. I've checked my
time zone and it's set to Pacific/Auckland (NZST).

Anyone else running 0.19 hit this? Any ideas on things to check? The
missus is not pleased at the moment... 8(

- Wade

Re: 0.19 / mythfilldatabase / time screwup [ In reply to ]
Wade Maxfield wrote:
> mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 2 -1 /tmp/listings-latest.xml

Try this:
mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file /tmp/listings-latest.xml

I dunno what the -l and 2 used to do in 0.18 either.

--
Criggie

Re: 0.19 / mythfilldatabase / time screwup [ In reply to ]
This may help?

http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=ProgramGuideIsOff

Nick

Re: 0.19 / mythfilldatabase / time screwup [ In reply to ]
>Wade Maxfield wrote:
>> mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 2 -1 /tmp/listings-latest.xml
>
>Try this:
>mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file /tmp/listings-latest.xml
>
>I dunno what the -l and 2 used to do in 0.18 either.
>
>--
>Criggie

the 2 is for sourceid 2 and the -1 means to replace all the data.
Leaving them out gives an error:
missing or invalid parameters for --file option

So they're kind of needed. 8)

- Wade

Re: 0.19 / mythfilldatabase / time screwup [ In reply to ]
Wade Maxfield wrote:
> the 2 is for sourceid 2 and the -1 means to replace all the data.
> Leaving them out gives an error:
> missing or invalid parameters for --file option
> So they're kind of needed. 8)

Strange - mine says

mythfilldatabase --file /home/mythtv/latest.xml --update

and does not complain. *shrug*

--
Criggie

Re: 0.19 / mythfilldatabase / time screwup [ In reply to ]
>This may help?
>
>http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=ProgramGuideIsOff
>
>Nick

Thanks, but it didn't. 8( I don't have tzconfig for some reason
**shrug** but my timezone was correct.

After a bit of digging around I have found the issue though. In
mythtvsetup there is a XMLTV grabber offset. Mine was set to Auto,
when it should have been set to None. Auto tries to convert from UTC
to localtime using your timezone offset, while None assumes that the
datetime in the xml is in localtime already.

I don't remember seeing this option before, so I think it's new 0.19.
If anyone running 0.18.1 could check and see if they have this
option, then that would help me track down where/when things went
screwy.

-Wade

Re: 0.19 / mythfilldatabase / time screwup [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 06 May 2006 7:25 pm, Criggie wrote:
> Wade Maxfield wrote:
> > mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 2 -1 /tmp/listings-latest.xml
>
> Try this:
> mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file /tmp/listings-latest.xml
>
> I dunno what the -l and 2 used to do in 0.18 either.

mythfilldatabase --help
would help answer that question.

In the example above I believe that the 2 is the
<sourceid> = cardinput

and the -1 is the
<offset> = days from today that xmlfile defines
(-1 means to replace all data, up to 10 days)

I use 1 -7

Rob