boxes ?

Cheers
A.

Re: OT: PVR150 IR blaster ? [ In reply to ]
Al wrote:
> A bit off topic I'll admit, but does anyone know if the IR blaster that
> ships with the PVR150 (non MCE) is compatible with NZ sky digital set-top
> boxes ?

No idea sorry. However remember to post the answer back to the list when
you do find out.

Re: OT: PVR150 IR blaster ? [ In reply to ]
>A bit off topic I'll admit, but does anyone know if the IR blaster
>that ships with the PVR150 (non MCE) is compatible with NZ sky
>digital set-top boxes ?
>
>Cheers
>A.

Does that connect directly to the PVR150 card? Or does it connect to
a serial port ? If it's serial port it probably will work...

- Wade

Re: OT: PVR150 IR blaster ? [ In reply to ]
On 6/03/2006, at 11:19 PM, Wade Maxfield wrote:

>> A bit off topic I'll admit, but does anyone know if the IR blaster
>> that ships with the PVR150 (non MCE) is compatible with NZ sky
>> digital set-top boxes ?
>>
>> Cheers A.
>
> Does that connect directly to the PVR150 card? Or does it connect
> to a serial port ? If it's serial port it probably will work...

It connects directly to the card. The IR blaster is not available
for the OEM (MCE) edition of the card. I know it can be made to work
with linux, so I presume it can be made to work with sky boxes.

Jarod's howto describes how to get it working with linux IIRC.

Corrin

Re: OT: PVR150 IR blaster ? [ In reply to ]
No the PVR150 ir blaster doesnt work with my pace sky box. Ended up using LIRC
and an IR led driven via the serial port.

Simon.