Mailing List Archive

PIII 550, PVR150 and slow program serach
I've switched to a combination of hardware listed above, in an attempt
to make my PVR less power hungry and for encoding formats more windows
and DVD friendly.

The problem is that when I go to skip through ads etc, the frontend
locks up or very slowly advances through the program rather than
instantly which is what I had b4 on my XP2500 box that did the job. The
OSD time length slowly skips about rather than staying fixed.

The tv directory is mounted on nfs to another machine in my house.

The other thing to mention is that the older nuv mpeg4 files previously
recorded b4 the change over have no problems with being skipped through.

The machine load when this is happening is 100%, and around 30-40% when
the machine is playing a file normally. The frontend console output is
saying something about not being able to do realtime without being set suid.

My machine details are PIII 550Mhz (over clocking it to 733 doesn't make
much of a difference) 384 mb ram Ubuntu 5.1 with a GeForce MX440 with
the Nvidia binary driver.

Has anyone else had these issues with nuv files produced by PVR150 or
was I just kidding myself that I could run myth on this machine.

FWIW the machine records 2 channels and playback at once, just no skipping!

Thanks
Graeme

MailScanner Supplied by ITS-HelpDesk.
ext 4001 or email helpdesk@irl.cri.nz--