Whats up with the hairy.geek EPG feed? Seems to be dying off (no new data)?

Thanks

Nick

Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 1:37 pm, Nick & Ann Read wrote:

> Whats up with the hairy.geek EPG feed? Seems to be dying off (no new data)?

I have been using
http://nz.ontv.uni.cc/listings.xml

but there seems to be a problem with it at the moment.

--
Regards, Robert

Robert Fisher
(aka - Rob, Bob, Robbie, Robbo, Fish)
FishNet Computer & Electrical Services
www.fisher.net.nz
Phone: 03 383 5807
Mobile: 027 477 3356

Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
> On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 1:37 pm, Nick & Ann Read wrote:
>
>> Whats up with the hairy.geek EPG feed? Seems to be dying off (no new
data)?

>I have been using
>http://nz.ontv.uni.cc/listings.xml
>
>but there seems to be a problem with it at the moment.
>
>--
>Regards, Robert

Well hairy seems to be back to full strength again (744k). I use ontv too to get triangle. I can pull data off either by changing the xml ids associated with each channel (in theory, I havn't had to do it yet). Nick
Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 13:37 +1300, Nick & Ann Read wrote:

> Whats up with the hairy.geek EPG feed? Seems to be dying off (no new data)?

Ah, it's not working? :|

I'll look at it tonight, I have been mucking about with a new DVB-S
card.

--
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration
Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
>Ah, it's not working? :|

>I'll look at it tonight, I have been mucking about with a new DVB-S

>card.

Well I think its OK now - that is, I still have 7 days data. On Thursday I
noticed that I had only 5, and the latest.xml.gz file was down to 50k (from
the normal 700k). On Friday it was down to 24k (and 4 days data in the db).
Monday it was back to normal, but today I see its back to 200k? Also, was I
imagining things or did you used to post the file at 4pm? Now its 4am...

Keep up the great service :-)

Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 20:00 +1300, Nick & Ann Read wrote:
> >I'll look at it tonight, I have been mucking about with a new DVB-S
> >card.
>
> Well I think its OK now - that is, I still have 7 days data. On Thursday I
> noticed that I had only 5, and the latest.xml.gz file was down to 50k (from
> the normal 700k). On Friday it was down to 24k (and 4 days data in the db).
> Monday it was back to normal, but today I see its back to 200k? Also, was I
> imagining things or did you used to post the file at 4pm? Now its 4am...

Yes, over the weekend the PVR had a lot of downtime and was generally
problematic while I tried (and failed) to add a second DVB-S card.

Should have been stable since Monday, but things can happen..

It's always been early morning, the cron job which does it fires at
4:15am.

I have a plan involving shifting it off my PVR to a place less
susceptable to my tinkering :)

Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
Hi David

Another problem? File hasn't been updated since 8th July...

Many thanks

Nick

Re: Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 23:18 +1200, Nick & Ann Read wrote:

> Another problem? File hasn't been updated since 8th July...

I think the switch to Wordpress on the blog caused a bit of mayhem, I'll
look at it now.

Re: Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 08:55 +1200, David Zanetti wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 23:18 +1200, Nick & Ann Read wrote:
>
> > Another problem? File hasn't been updated since 8th July...
>
> I think the switch to Wordpress on the blog caused a bit of mayhem, I'll
> look at it now.

It's fixed now.

I've also taken the oppertunity to switch it from using the DVB-S card
in my PVR at home, to the card in the server the site is served up
from.

That'll mean it's no longer dependant on me having 'net access at home,
and various other things. Should be more stable as a result, because I'm
much less likely to fiddle with the server, than I am the PVR. :)

Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
Unfortunately not...

Looks like a new file is being generated but the same old data inside. Help!
Only one day's data left :-)

Nick

Re: Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 08:42 +1200, Nick & Ann Read wrote:
> Unfortunately not...
>
> Looks like a new file is being generated but the same old data inside. Help!
> Only one day's data left :-)

Really? I can see future data in there at the moment.

Re: Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 09:19 +1200, David Zanetti wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 08:42 +1200, Nick & Ann Read wrote:
> > Unfortunately not...
> >
> > Looks like a new file is being generated but the same old data inside. Help!
> > Only one day's data left :-)
>
> Really? I can see future data in there at the moment.

Likewise, I use Dave's EPG feed and I have data till next Friday...

Have you used a cached copy of the file?

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz | This space intentionally

Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
Thats odd. I've just tried from work and you're right (of course). However,
from home I get the same results whether I'm pulling it into myth via
mythfilldatabase after wget'ing the file, or looking at it on my home Windows
PC using Firefox. Both machines are independantly sourcing it from the same
ADSL internet connection. Where would it be getting cached? Locally (on both
machines)? At the ISP (Slingshot)? How do I force a cache flush or whatever's
needed?

Re: Re: Re: Hairy feed? [ In reply to ]
Gidday,

It is quite plausible that your ISP is caching it. You might have to
contact their helpdesk and request that hairy.geek.nz is excluded from
the cache.

Dave, any chance of setting "Pragma: no-cache" for the file? That might
(possibly) help...

Cheers!