www.fisher.net.nz
Phone: 03 383 5807
Mobile: 027 477 3356

Re: Tuning [ In reply to ]
What version of ivtv are you running?

0.4.0 up includes ptune-ui.pl and ptune.pl but recommend the use of ivtv-tune.

IIRC, the command line I use for it is

ivtv-tune -d /dev/video0 -t newzealand -c 1

where 1 is one of the channels from the list at
http://wiki.linux.net.nz/MythTvNotes (they're a little different depending which
area you're in, but that's a start)

I think it also saves ~/.ivtv-tune as well which will remember the -d and -t
settings for you.

Re: Tuning [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 8:57 am, Duncan Kennington wrote:

> 0.4.0 up includes ptune-ui.pl and ptune.pl but recommend the use of
> ivtv-tune.

Thanks for the reply.

My son, who did the tuning when we first set up our Mythtv box, came home and
reminded me that he used ptune-ui wiith mplayer
(ptune-ui.pl & mplayer -v0 xv /dev/video0)
to find which channels were which frequencies then set up the tuning in
mythsetup.

So our tuning is now working again but we now get "prebuffering pauses" when
watching TV. I think I have found a temporary workaround for it though -
pause the TV for a few seconds then playing seems OK.

We do want to get a large hard drive so I think after all of our "learning"
with the setup of this box, we might start from scratch with a fresh clean
build.

Rob