Anybody else run into this, before I start digging deeper?

Thanks,

Rob :)

Re: CDROM Locked [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 2:33 am, Robert Coup wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm running KnoppMyth (R5A26) with a PVR-150 on an EPIA M10K system. It
> is all relatively happy, except the DVD drive seems to lock itself on
> occasion.
>
> Myth is running but Xine isn't. You press the eject button on the drive
> and it doesn't open. I can force it by ssh'ing in and doing "eject
> /dev/cdrom" but thats not so ideal for my other housemates. Thing is, it
> doesn't always do it!
>
> Anybody else run into this, before I start digging deeper?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob :)

I experienced this behaviour and at the same time Xine seemed to "lock-up".

I put it down to my box not being able to handle recording and juggling xine
at the same time.

--
Regards, Robert

Robert Fisher
(aka - Rob, Bob, Robbie, Robbo, Fish)
FishNet Computer & Electrical Services
www.fisher.net.nz
Phone: 03 383 5807
Mobile: 027 477 3356

Re: CDROM Locked [ In reply to ]
I recommend doing the following:

To /usr/share/mythtv/dvdmenu.xml (or opticalmenu.xml - I can't remember which
OTOMH) add
<button>
<type>DVD_EJECT</type>
<text>Eject DVD</text>
<action>EXEC eject</action>
</button>

You could also map the Eject button (if there is one on your remote) in lircrc
to irexec

begin
button = EJECT
prog = irexec
repeat = 0
config = eject
end

Re: CDROM Locked [ In reply to ]
If you want to find out what program is accessing the drive you could
ssh in and run:

lsof |grep /dev/cdrom

lsof= list open files.

Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>