Mailing List Archive

Will this card work with MythTV?
Hauppauge PCI TV Tuner Card OEM
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH9027

Re: Will this card work with MythTV? [ In reply to ]
>Hauppauge PCI TV Tuner Card OEM
>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH9027

It says it's a PVR150MCE so it should work fine. I've got a 150MCE in my BE.

- Wade

Re: Will this card work with MythTV? [ In reply to ]
> Hauppauge PCI TV Tuner Card OEM
> http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH9027

Worth shopping round - save $30 here for example (the DSE is an OEM card
by the looks of it as they don't mention an IR remote)

http://www.tradepc.co.nz/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=241&strPageHistory=cat

I'm using the retail 150MCE which does have a very good remote control
with buttons for pretty much all the mythtv functions and jump points.

--
Robin Gilks

Re: Will this card work with MythTV? [ In reply to ]
> > Hauppauge PCI TV Tuner Card OEM
> > http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH9027
> >

> Worth shopping round - save $30 here for example (the DSE is an OEM
> card
> by the looks of it as they don't mention an IR remote)
>
> http://www.tradepc.co.nz/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=241&strPageHistory=cat
>
> I'm using the retail 150MCE which does have a very good remote control
> with buttons for pretty much all the mythtv functions and jump points.

Ascent has these OEM for < $130

http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=342425

The retail (with remote) is < $200.

Re: Will this card work with MythTV? [ In reply to ]
> Hauppauge PCI TV Tuner Card OEM
> http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH9027

Yes they work perfectly. I have one in my backend. However its a bit
more expensive than other places like www.ascent.co.nz

If your budget stretches that far, consider a PVR-500 instead. They are
two PVR150 on a single PCI card, and theres a build-in splitter for the RF
input.

Re: Will this card work with MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Hauppauge PCI TV Tuner Card OEM
>> http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH9027
>>

> I'm using the retail 150MCE which does have a very good remote control
> with buttons for pretty much all the mythtv functions and jump points.

Hi there!

I'm in the process of installing KnoppMyth R5 Alpha 30.1 with a
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR (150MCE) card.

I've got DVD and CD playing/ripping working just fine, and am now
focusing on the TV bit. Anyway, I'm still trying to pick up any signal
other than static (I'm in Chch). The "issue" surrounding tv shows isn't
my primary concern - I'm just trying to tune the darn thing!

mythtv doesn't seem to come with any way to auto-detect channels, so how
am I supposed to figure out all the frequencies/etc - and more
specifically - get them into mythtv? I'm only referring to Free to Air
here. Actually, all I'm after is TV1-4 and Prime

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks!

Jason

Re: Will this card work with MythTV? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:46 pm, Jason Haar wrote:
> mythtv doesn't seem to come with any way to auto-detect channels, so how
> am I supposed to figure out all the frequencies/etc - and more
> specifically - get them into mythtv? I'm only referring to Free to Air
> here. Actually, all I'm after is TV1-4 and Prime
>
> Can anyone give me a hint?

mythsetup allows you to manually put in the tuning settings you require (I
have just been through this - and I am in Christchurch)

You need to select pal-newzealand
The channel ID's for Chch are

1 = 3
2 = 8
3 = 6
C4 = 11
Prime = 62

(See my previous post re tuning also)

--
Regards, Robert

Robert Fisher
(aka - Rob, Bob, Robbie, Robbo, Fish)
FishNet Computer & Electrical Services
www.fisher.net.nz
Phone: 03 383 5807
Mobile: 027 477 3356

Re: Will this card work with MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Jason

Have you run mythtv-setup? If not, exit the front end and run it from a
command line in a terminal window.

Nick

Re: Will this card work with MythTV? [ In reply to ]
Robert Fisher wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:46 pm, Jason Haar wrote:
>
>> mythtv doesn't seem to come with any way to auto-detect channels, so how
>> am I supposed to figure out all the frequencies/etc - and more
>> specifically - get them into mythtv? I'm only referring to Free to Air
>> here. Actually, all I'm after is TV1-4 and Prime
>>
>> Can anyone give me a hint?
>>

> mythsetup allows you to manually put in the tuning settings you require (I
> have just been through this - and I am in Christchurch)

Sorry to submit a red herring... It ended up there was an unknown
force-field thingy around where my computer was that was shielding out
all radio communications. Moving 10 feet over to another table suddenly
made reception improve markedly.

At least I now know where to sit when I want the government to stay out
of my head ;-)

Jason