Mailing List Archive

IR Blaster and Sky settings
Hi Wade,

I also bought a couple of those from Mike, and had it working at one
point. My Sky box is an old DSR600 and the remote is the black one with
the 4 color buttons on top (says RC-18 on the bottom). I don't know if the
DSR2000 uses a different remote. If it is the same one, the lirc config
file I was using is RC-30 under the Pace directory.

I currently have everything working on my new setup except lirc, which is
refusing to run. When it starts behaving, I'll get to try out the
instructions for using a single instance of lirc for both the receiver and
transmitter. I hope you get it all working first so I can pick your brain
when the time comes.

- Dagan

At 03:05 p.m. 16/12/2005 +1300, Wade Maxfield wrote:
I've got one of the ones from Mike at http://www.irblaster.info/. I went
for the one with the light up LED so I could see if it was working. 8)

Re: IR Blaster and Sky settings [ In reply to ]
>Hi Wade,
>
>I also bought a couple of those from Mike, and had it working at one
>point. My Sky box is an old DSR600 and the remote is the black one
>with the 4 color buttons on top (says RC-18 on the bottom). I don't
>know if the DSR2000 uses a different remote. If it is the same one,
>the lirc config file I was using is RC-30 under the Pace directory.
>
>I currently have everything working on my new setup except lirc,
>which is refusing to run. When it starts behaving, I'll get to try
>out the instructions for using a single instance of lirc for both
>the receiver and transmitter. I hope you get it all working first
>so I can pick your brain when the time comes.
>
>- Dagan

Hi Dagan,

I've tried the RC-30 config file, and had no success. However after
reading your message I had a look at the Sky remote and it does have
RC-18 written on it (I'd never thought to look before - always use a
Universal Remote), and another one in the house has RC-30 on it.
Both work with the DSR2000 box.

So I've played round with it a bit more, and I've managed to get it
to work a couple of times. It seems very strict on where you place
the blaster LED, and which way it's orientated.

The blaster has a bit of double sided tape on it, that would imply
you would attach it to the decoder just beneath the sensor, with the
LED in front of the sensor. But I can't get it to work like that. It
only seems to work with the blaster if the blaster LED is pointed
(along it's axis) directly at the sensor from about 3-6 cms away.
And even then it may take 5 or 6 attempts for it to pick it up. But
at least it's a start.

My apologies to others who have suggested using this config file in
the past. I should have played with it more.

- Wade

Re: IR Blaster and Sky settings [ In reply to ]
I've just built a PCB with a microcontroller ( for interface to a PC)
and an IR chip out of a sky remote. I still have to validate correct
keypress operation but, in inital testing it looks promising :-)

MailScanner Supplied by ITS-HelpDesk.
ext 4001 or email helpdesk@irl.cri.nz--