Mailing List Archive

mythtv/fixes/0.24 commit: 5867bb003 by Taylor Ralph (tralph)
Author: Taylor Ralph <tralph@mythtv.org>
Change Date: 2011-05-11T05:33:52-07:00
Push Date: 2011/05/11 05:34:26 -0700
Repository: mythtv
Branch: fixes/0.24
New Revision: 5867bb003d6125520121c7309531a5bf9d322aef
Changeset: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/5867bb003

Log:

Fix video buffering code to properly play high reference frame videos.

This change prevents a buffer to be returned to the available queue while it's still in use by the decoder. There is now a 'finished' queue to store frames until the decoder no longer needs them. Previously we would return a frame to available before it was finished by the decoder and cause severe video corruption.

With this change, killasample can now be played corruption free by Xv and by VDPAU with vdpaubuffersize of only 20.

NOTE: Bringing up the OSD under Xv can still cause corruption since we don't protect against modifying the buffer in the video processing portion of code. To avoid this the buffer will need to be copied before being modified.
(cherry picked from commit f8c108ef9a5c6bac9ec2414c47e2f404047e43b9)

Modified:

mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videobuffers.cpp
mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videobuffers.h
mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_vdpau.cpp