Mailing List Archive

mythtv/mythtv-rec2 commit: 8bcdd04fd by Daniel Kristjansson (daniel-kristjansson)
Author: Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@cuymedia.net>
Change Date: 2011-05-02T08:38:42-07:00
Push Date: 2011/05/02 18:07:29 -0700
Repository: mythtv
Branch: mythtv-rec2
New Revision: 8bcdd04fd6d773f788630ec8968d4f6019d5e06a
Changeset: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8bcdd04fd

Log:

Rework of [07dd9d], convert Linux Firewire recorder's pthread to QThread.

The most important change here is to release m_lock before waiting on the thread to exit, without this we will deadlock. Other changes were to properly wait for the thread to start, which just makes an unlikely race condition impossible. Finally, a usleep has been converted to a wait condition sleep so that shutdown can be initiated a little more quickly if we're sleeping when a shutdown is requested (a 50 ms speedup best case; 25 ms average).

Modified:

mythtv/libs/libmythtv/linuxfirewiredevice.cpp
mythtv/libs/libmythtv/linuxfirewiredevice.h