Sibble Computer Consulting
help@pdscc.com (use pgp keyid 0x3AD5C11D) http://www.pdscc.com
(604) 739-3709 (voice/fax) (604) 686-2253 (pager)
Re: difference in tv quality between mythtv and xawtv [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 07:07:23PM -0800, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

> Okay, curious about something I just noticed. In MythTV all the colours are
> washed out. Ie in Xawtv, skin tones look like... well skin tones, in mythtv,
> the same skin tones look grey (as in a b/w film) and most of the other
> colours are strongly muted.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix that?

What kind of capture card are you using, and what kind of video card? Is
your display a TV or a computer monitor?

--
- mdz
Re: difference in tv quality between mythtv and xawtv [ In reply to ]
On 30 Oct 2002 at 15:56, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> What kind of capture card are you using, and what kind of video card? Is your
> display a TV or a computer monitor?

ATI TV Wonder (not the VE), Geforce 2 MX400 64mb using NVidia binary drivers.
Display on the monitor. Basically Xawtv looks great when using the TV
Wonder's tuner, in Mythtv it looks blech (highly technical term <bwg>). OTOH,
viewing composite1 input on either xawtv or mythtv looks equally good.

--
Harondel J. Sibble