another one into my system. Does that mean I need to put in another
sound card with line-in, or is there some way to avoid that?

Regards.
Re: Two tuner cards in system [ In reply to ]
Howdy..

From my simple understanding of how things work, this isn't possible..
You'll need a different sound stream and video stream for each "capture"..
Just think.. how else can you get the audio from both of them going in?

The good news is that you can pick up a cheapo audio card and then use it
sparingly..

tarek : )

Re: Two tuner cards in system [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 29 October 2002 10:56 pm, tarek Lubani wrote:
> Howdy..
>
> From my simple understanding of how things work, this isn't possible..
> You'll need a different sound stream and video stream for each "capture"..
> Just think.. how else can you get the audio from both of them going in?
>
> The good news is that you can pick up a cheapo audio card and then use it
> sparingly..

Err, not true. If your tuner card supports using the 'btaudio' kernel module,
it'll transfer the sound over the PCI bus, no soundcard input required.

Isaac
Re: Two tuner cards in system [ In reply to ]
> Isaac Richards wrote:
> Err, not true. If your tuner card supports using the 'btaudio'
kernel module,
> it'll transfer the sound over the PCI bus, no soundcard input required.

Does anyone know if the Hauppage card supports btaudio? Or can someone
recommend a cheap one that does?

Thanks!
Re: Two tuner cards in system [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 30 October 2002 01:19 am, Victor Chew wrote:
> > Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Err, not true. If your tuner card supports using the 'btaudio'
>
> kernel module,
>
> > it'll transfer the sound over the PCI bus, no soundcard input required.
>
> Does anyone know if the Hauppage card supports btaudio? Or can someone
> recommend a cheap one that does?

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-Radio (bt878 based) that does support it.

Isaac
Re: Two tuner cards in system [ In reply to ]
The Pinnacle Systems PCI Studio PCTV Pro supports btaudio.

Steve